Chapter 44

*****Thomas's Point of View*****
Aza and I lay cuddling on the sofa watching t.v.. We just got done painting her room and were taking a break. I could have had it done yesterday, but I knew how much it meant to her to be a part of the process. And yesterday she had fallen into her 2 year old headspace after waking up from her nap.

Her age was consistently fluctuating between 2 and 4.

Right now she was about 4. She was in a good mood and just wanted to be silly.

"Daddy look" she said making a silly face at me and some weird noise.

"You're crazy" I said tickling her sides.

Just then a commercial came on.

"Daddy! It's for the zoo! Can we go to the zoo pleeeeaaaaassseee!"

Her cuteness killed me. I almost immediately said yes, but I had been spoiling her a lot.

"You've gotten a lot of stuff here lately. New stuff for your room, plus a toy, and then you got to go to that fun play restaurant. So I'll tell you what. If you're a good girl today we can go tomorrow."

Her face had sunk into a sad expression, but immediately snapped back into a grin. She let out a squeal.

"But that means you also need to help me clean, you need to listen, and not get any punishments tonight."

"Okay daddy! I promise I will!" She said bouncing in my lap. "Can we invite Camryn and Ben too?"

I nodded yes and got my phone out. I texted Amarie and AJ to tell them the possible plan. Of course letting them know if Aza wasn't good we wouldn't be going.

"So no arguments about nap time," I warned her as I got up to get lunch ready.

She scrunched her face up and thought. Lately her favorite thing seemed to be arguing about not taking a nap. I chuckled to myself and prepared us some sandwiches. We needed to go grocery shopping after nap time.

"Come eat" I called to her.

She bounced happily to the table and ate all her food. She even took her plate to the sink.

"Someone really wants the zoo hmm?" I said picking her up to take her for her nap.

She nodded sleepily against me.

"I gotta see the elephants daddy," she said in a dead serious tone.

I did my best not to laugh as I laid her in my bed.

"Daddy cuddle?" She asked, slipping into a younger age.

"For a few minutes baby," I answered slipping under the covers with her.

She climbed onto my chest, loving being able to rest her head there. I rocked her gently, giving her the pacifier and her stuffed elephant. Soon she was asleep.
********************************
Sorry this was short and bland. I had wanted to go a different direction. To show a bit into Thomas's past, but realized that it would be better for later on. I also realized I needed to think on it some more because I was getting inspiration from another book. And I do not intend to copy anyone else's book. But I have a thought that I want to get to. It will just take some building up to.