Chapter 46

"Daddy look!" Aza said running up to jump on the fence of the tiger enclosure.

I ran up after her yanking her down

"Aza, look at that sign. It says do not climb on the fence. You do not climb on any of the fences, got it?"

"Yes daddy," she said not looking into my eyes.

"Baby I just want you to stay safe okay?"

She nodded yes.

"Now what did you want to show me?" I asked picking her up so she could see better.

She pointed to the tiger that was playing with a ball.

"It's like a kitten," she said giggling.

"You know what we need baby girl?" I said kissing her cheek.

"A KITTEN!" She said excitedly.

I chuckled and shook my head. "No silly, we need to take pictures. You and I don't have any pictures together yet."

She nodded enthusiastically. I got my phone out and went to position the camera.

"No daddy let me do it. I know the best angles" she said holding her hand out for the phone.

"Of course I should have known" I said giving it to her.

She snapped a cute pic to her liking and handed my phone back.

"Aza come on look over here!" Ben said calling her.

She jumped down from my arms, and pulled my hand to run after him.

That's how the rest of the day went. Going from animal to animal.

All the kids had fallen into their head space.

"What's Camryns head space?" I asked AJ. I knew Ben's was 4-6. I'd been around him since he started living with Sam and Amarie.

"She's normally older. Around 7. Sometimes she slips younger to about 3. She's a terror when she does," he said laughing with the last part.

"Oh man so is Aza. Let's hope the girls never become terrors together" I said.

"Man this is just like old times"

"Yea we had a lot of fun with our subs. And I'm sure we'll have lots of fun with these two. You know they're like sisters right?"

"Yea Camryn talked about her all the time. Told me all kinds of stories about the fun they used to have. It would be a crime to not keep them together as much as possible."

"So what's Aza's space?" He asked.

"2-4. Sometimes as old as 5. But its still new to her too. She was more 5 in the beginning. Now she acts more 2-3 most of the time. She's only been with me about 2 months now. I mean I grew up knowing her her whole life, but it wasn't romantic. Remember my friend Alex? That was her older brother."

"Oh that guy you used to bring to the clubs? What happened to him?"

"He was in an accident and didnt make it." I couldn't bring myself to get into details. He was my lifelong friend. The brother I never had. I missed him so much.

"Daddy! Look it's penguin time!" Camryn said grabbing AJ.

He followed behind her.

Aza was already in with Amarie and Ben. She saw me and came up, a smile from ear to ear.

"Daddy look! You can stick your hand in the water and touch them if you're patient enough. Will you lift me up and help me pwease?"

"Of course baby, and good manners"