Chapter 7

He smiled bright and scooped me up into a hug.

"I know this might be tough at first, but I think we can make this work together." He said kissing the top of my head.

"Alright, how about a tour of the house? Would you like that?" He asked.

"Yes please that'd be great!" I told him.
I started reaching for my crutches, but before I could Thomas had picked me up putting me on his hip.

"How about I carry you so you don't have to use those anymore than you have to?" He asked.

"You're just worried I'll break something aren't you " I teased him.

"Oh yes, most definitely." He replied teasing back.

The living room had an arch way to the right that lead to a hallway with a door to the laundry room, and then stairs. Up the stairs in the first hallway was 5 doors: a linen closet, a bathroom, a little office, and then two bedrooms right across the hall from each other.

Thomas showed me the room on the right first, which tuned out to be his. It was a beautiful deep grey with soft lighting. In the center on the far wall was a huge king size bed with black sheets. The wall adjacent to the left had a big bay window with a comfy looking love seat and rows of books on shelves. The wall to the right had a door that lead to the master bath which was dark black and gray marble. It had a huge jet tub on one side and a huge shower on the other side.

"Will I be sleeping in here with you?" I asked hesitantly.

"Well maybe some nights, eventually" He said blushing, "But you do have your own room and bed to sleep in."

He carried me across the hall. The room was the same size as his. Around the boarder on the top of the walls were little white hearts along the lavender walls. The bed was a double and had a railing. The sheets where white and had yellow suns on them. In the corner next to the bay window there was a white bookcase that matched the bed and a little table in the middle of the floor. There was a toy box on the other side of the window. Next to the bed was a matching night stand with a lamp.

The closet was at the opposite end of the wall of the bed. There was even a bathroom in this room. Wow my own bathroom!

The bathroom was smaller than the master. It had a giant circular tub along the short wall on the side. Toys, paints, shampoos, and kids body washes were along the counter around the tub. On the other side of the bathroom was a long walk in shower. Counters were in the middle with long mirror, and the toilet on the side of the counters.

Thomas took me back to the bed and sat me down while plopping down next to me.

"So what do you think of your room? If you want something different just say the word and I'll make it happen. I want you comfortable while you're here." He said.

I thought for a second. I really wanted my bedding from home; my zebra sheets and comforter was way better than these suns. And I really don't like lavender. And some more of my stuff could go in here. But...I didn't want him to go through all this trouble for me. Especially if I didn't end up living here after the 6 weeks. I just wasn't worth the trouble he'd have to go through.

"I think if I could have a few things from my apartment, like my pillows and comforter. Otherwise it's perfect. I'm going to love having my own bathroom in my room."

He gave me a look like he knew I was partly lying.

"Well if that's how you feel. Don't feel bad about telling me you want something different though. It won't be an issue to change anything, even the paint. You just need to let me know. If you can't think of anything now let me know at any point"

I thought about his words, but I still felt like it would be too much of a bother.

"Okay I'll let you know if I think of something," I said unable to meet his eyes.

Just the way he was already making adjustments for me was something I was so not used to.

"Alright well let's go look at the rest of the house. Then we can go to your apartment and you can get whatever you want from there. Then how about we go out for dinner? Sound good?"

"Yes!" I said as he picked me up again.