Chapter 13

Today was Friday. Never had I had such an intensive week! My arms and body hurt so much. But I was surprised how much progress I had made.

"Alright Aza, it's 4:40 let's get you iced down and ready for pick up when Thomas gets here." Sam said as I finished my last rep.

"Yay" I said weakly with a smile. Getting iced down meant large sacks of ice being wrapped around my shoulders for 15 minutes.

After the nurse wrapped me up she had me lay back on the table.

Sam came in telling me, "Well the good news is your hard work paid off. I'd like you to take the sling off for the weekend and see how you do." He smiled at me. I couldn't help but be excited this meant more independence to do things. 3 weeks with your arm in a sling really made you appreciate how much your arms do for you. (2 weeks with it on in the hospital and 1 at home with Thomas). Plus I was really excited to be done with physical therapy.

After my 15 minutes, Sam helped me get on the crutches and lead me to the waiting room where Thomas was waiting.

"Hey look at you!" He said beaming with pride. I loved the way he complimented me. This past week I found myself mostly calling him daddy. Ever since lunch in his office it just seemed easier to me. Plus I could tell it made him happy to hear.

"I told her not to use the sling this weekend. I think it'd be beneficial for her to come here next week though. Still develop muscle and make sure the shoulder keeps healing the right way. Work on her leg muscles too for when her cast comes off." Sam said

I just stared at them in disbelief. Noo I thought. Today was supposed to be my last day.

"Whatever you think Sam. I'll make her appointments for next week now" Thomas said.

I went and pouted in a chair. This wasn't fair.

"Hey missy. No pouting. I know you thought you were going to be done, but next week doesn't have to be intense. It'll be good for you too. Just two hours in the morning from now on. And hey no more sling!" I still wanted to be grumpy so I just pouted and nodded my head silently.

"Alright grumpy butt, if that's how you want to act. Let's get home and get some dinner." Thomas said guiding me to the car.

During the ride back home Thomas tried to talk to me about my day. I wasn't in the mood to talk though. I was still grumpy. For the last 20 minutes he finally stopped and just let me be.

Pulling into the drive, Thomas parked and came around to get me. Walking inside he immediately took me over to a chair in the corner.

"Since someone wants to be grumpy I think they can sit here for a bit and think about having an attitude change." He said

I just turned around in the chair and looked at him in disbelief. Time out? He was giving me time out?!

"Whyyy. I'm a big girl I don't get time out" I argued, "you can't do this."

His eyes stared into my soul making me cowar and feel ashamed.

"Big girls use their words and don't pout for an hour because they didn't get their way," He said. "And unless you want spankings I suggest you don't tell daddy how he can or cannot punish his little girl. Now turn around and sit here until I tell you to get up. If your attitude still isn't changed you'll get more time out. Or maybe a spanking." He warned.

With tears starting to form in my eyes I turned around. Thomas watched me for a moment longer then went into the kitchen. A few tears started rolling down my cheeks. I was really sensitive. Getting sternly talked to always made me cry. Especially when it came from someone who I really wanted to be proud of me. I can't believe Thomas gave me my first punishment already. I thought for sure that would be way down the road. I wonder if it's bad I got tingly when he treated to spank me...