Chapter 48

Daddy and I sat at the table having breakfast.

Just then we heard a ding of the doorbell.

"Ooh I bet I know what that is Aza," he said getting up.

I ran behind him hiding behind his legs.

"Order for Thomas Carter" the delivery woman said.

"That's me. Thanks" Daddy said signing the paper.

"Alright tell the boys where you want the stuff."

"Upstairs and in the door to the left would be great."

I was confused as heck.

"Daddy what is it?"

"It's Your bedroom stuff silly. We finally get to finish your room. You excited?"

"YES! I completely forgot. I can't wait! Can I help you? Can I have a sleepover with Camryn and Ben? Can we.." I started before daddy scooped me up and kissed me.

Men behind us lugged the furniture upstaires.

"So many questions love. Now let's get up there so you can tell the men where to put the stuff at. Otherwise you might have to wait till I can get one of the guys over."

"No I help daddy. I big and strong see!" I said flexing my nonexistent muscle.

"Hmmm. I dunno all I see is a place to tickle!" He said tickling my exposed armpit.

"Now let's go babe," he said carrying me up the stairs.

"Where should we put the bed frame?" A man with a gruff voice asked.

I hid behind daddy scared, but he pulled me out and pushed me in front of him.

"This pretty little lady can tell you. She's a little shy, but if she wants stuff the way she wants her room I'm sure she'll speak up." Daddy said winking at me.

I shook my head no at daddy. I hated when he made me talk to strangers.

The gruff voiced man was really tall and had a bit of a belly, but lots of muscle. His black beard had streaks of grey in it and his eyes were a dark brown. The other man was a couple inches shorter than the gruff voice man. He had red hair and was really buff. His blue eyes held a familiar kindness.

He squatted down to talk to me, "hey cutie. My name is Kyle. Don't be afraid of us. We just want to help. I hate when my daddy makes me talk to strangers too though so I know how you feel."

"You're a little?.." I asked hesitantly.

"Sure am. Have been since I discovered it when I was 16. I'm 36 now. And my daddy may act gruff, but he's really a big softie" Kyle replied.

I giggled at the two.

"Don't be telling stories on me Kyle," his daddy said giving him a playful smile. "But I'm Jack, it's nice to meet you...?" He trailed off waiting for my name.

"Azalea. Or Aza for short," I said shaking Jack's hand.

"Beautiful name. Now where do you want your bed?"

I had been planning this since we bought the stuff.

"I want the bed in that corner please," I said pointing to the corner to the right of when you walked in. Now it was on the same wall as the bathroom and closet door. And I had enough space to hang my canopy up still before it got to the bathroom door.

I put the dresser on the wall across from my bed so it was close to the closet. The new cube shelf went on the wall near my bed. They brought my new mattress up, flopping it down on the loft bed.

"Alrighty you happy with the way it's laid out?" Kyle asked me.

I nodded in excitement too excited to make words. I loved my new loft and mattress. I climbed up onto it in 3 small steps, since it wasn't very tall.

Daddy stood in the doorway smiling at me. He paid Kyle and Jack and the two guys left.

"Bye!" I called out. They said bye back.

"Alright baby. Now it's time to put up the other stuff," Daddy said leaving. He brought in bag after bag. Then box after box of my toys from downstaires. I tore into them one by one. First I found my cubes and put them on the shelf.

I found my rug and put it in the middle of the floor.

Daddy finally stopped carrying stuff in and went to hang up my curtains. He took his shirt off, I think to torture me. I watched his ripped muscles move. Next he moved onto my canopy.

"Are you just sitting there watching me do all the work baby girl?" He asked.

"Yes cause you so handsome daddy," I said.

"Awe thank you beautiful."

I went back to work putting stuff away.

I pulled my table ontop of the rug placing my chairs back at it. I set my tea set up on the table.

"I got your bed set on baby. Still happy with the new stuff?"

I looked up and felt my mouth drop.

"Yes! It's perfect," I threw my stuffies up there and climbed back up the ladder. I snuggled under my covers. The bed was super soft. Memory foam. It was still a double bed so I had plenty of room to stretch out. Or for daddy to join me.

"Daddy come join me!" I said poking my head out.

"In a minute baby, I'm gonna finish putting away this last box."

He moved my art stuff to one of the cubes. And then my baby doll stuff and Barbie house two others. I had moved my baby dolls and their crib to under my bed.

I still had 3 empty boxes.

"Daddy I need more toys to fill those up with" I said.

"Oh yea? You think so. In your brand new room with all new stuff you think you need more toys?" Daddy finally said climbing up onto my bed snuggling me.

"Of course I think so daddy! And new clothes" I said giggling.

"It is your birthday soon. What's somethings you might want for your birthday? No promises you'll get it, but a list would be good."

I had completely forgot my birthday was in the next month. They had never been special for me. Dear mom and dad didn't beat me as a birthday gift. That was about it.

"I dunno daddy," I said shyly.

"Oh come on princess I know you've gotta want something."

"Mmm a bike?" I asked hesitantly.

"Alright what else?" Daddy asked.

"A kitchen play set. And dress up clothes. New coloring books and art supplies. Play make up!" I said getting more excited.

"I knew you had ideas for me baby." Daddy said kissing my head. "Now let's go get lunch then it's nap time for you."