10.Once again

Present...

That was the real reason we fought. She was my best friend, of course I had to do something about it. If it wasn't for James knowing about the secret between Astrid and I, and holding it over me then I would have told her what I saw. He hasn't been the same since High School. He's letting his popularity take over him. Its getting to his head knowing he can have almost any girl here. I should have told her. I shouldn't have been scared to tell my parents about the secret. They're my parents and I should've known that they would be there for me no matter what. If he does something like this ever again!... I'm just going to have to tell her the truth. The secret was a false alarm anyways. I hope she understands my reason for not telling her back when we were freshman. I was younger and scared of what people and my parents would think. I was looking out for Astrid. I shouldn't have gone to James for advice. He's obviously not good at it and ends up throwing it back at my face, just like the last time. He has nothing over me now and this time, this time I will say something. It just sucks that our friendship ended this way.

**Bella-May pov**

All last night and all this morning James has been non-stop calling and messaging me. It's a good thing my phone was off. I left my phone on my dresser until all the notifications stopped coming in. As I was waiting for my phone, I went to get ready for class. I finally had my car to myself again. I was trying to not worry about how James was going to get to school. He has friends, or he could just ask his parents. It's not my fault that his car is in the shop and it won't be my fault if he gets to school late.

I need to stop worrying about him so much. He obviously wasn't thinking about my feelings yesterday. I have about ten minutes to spare, so I finally get to my phone and ignore all the calls and messages. I go straight to my Instagram and look at my feed. I hear a honk within five minutes of being on my phone. It wont shut up, I take it as a sign to get going. I go downstairs to grab an apple and my backpack from the floor. I'm by the door getting my keys when I hear a knock. I open it to find Carter out there.

"I have been calling and texting you!"

"Oh really, so was I, yesterday when I was waiting for you at school to pick me up from your free period. You weren't answering either were you."

"Babe, let me explain!"

"There isn't much to talk about James."

"There is! your taking this way out of proportion. I was with my cousin, that's who you saw me with."

I stopped walking..."what?"

"Let's ride with zach, were going to be late for school. We can talk about it on our way there."

"No, I'm good I have a car remember. I mean that's how you got around with your "cousin", right, With my car."

"Look I wanted to surprise you with her! I was going to get you, me and her some food to eat. I don't know why your acting like this. You're not that type of girl."

"Well I didn't think you were the type to cheat!"

"An I'm not! I'm telling you that it was my cousin. If it makes you feel any better, I'm planning on all of us going out and grabbing something to eat after school. So can you please come with me and Zach."

"I really don't want to go,I'll meet you at school."

"Please if you love me then you'll go with me." "That way we can talk it all out in the car."

"I do love you James so don't even start with that" I tell him.

I didn't want to go. I was getting annoyed of him and I figured that I can save some money and gas mileage.