16. It all went down from here

As soon as we got to the party we both get swept away from our different types of groups of friends. It's sad, we used to have the exact same group of friends and well now we just have mutual friends. A lot of people choose their side, Him or me and that's just the way it is now. This is just "Cool" kids that is. I'm not talking about the whole school. Regardless of my hearing condition I believe I have more loyal friends and friends in general than James. Unlike him and his little group of friends I like talking to other people beside the "Cool" kids. If they try communicating with me then I will try with them as well regardless of looks or ethnicity I don't judge. My hearing isn't going to stop me from anything. I'm still me with just a little less hearing. I can talk to everyone and anyone and that's the difference between me and James. I never thought that I can talk so bad about someone that used to mean so much to me but then again he isn't the same guy anymore. I get everyone changes for the better but he changed for the worst. We used to be so much alike, we even fell for the same dam girl. Now we're nothing but mere opposites and in this case opposites do not attract. I still have hope and give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe some day in the future when reality hits him. He will realize that his looks and Dad's wealth aren't going to get him far in life. I still have that last bit of hope that he will mature and be the guy I always thought he would be.

May's POV-

Literally seconds after arriving we got pulled away from our friends. I make it my mission to sit and talk by the bon-fire with him. He has the bag with my sour patch kids in them. I'll use that as my excuse back to him, he better not offer them to anyone or he's going to be in deep trouble with me.

All my friends do is gossip instead of dance. We eventually get pulled to a game of beer pong. They cheer me on to play. I don't want to drink and I don't feel pressured to but I'm not going to be this age forever and these are memories I'm going to remember when I'm old and gray. I just keep it to one game so I don't over do it and get completely wasted. though I can hold my beer.

I sigh... "Well I'm going to need some real competition." I say.

"Then I shall challenge you my fair lady." James comes out of nowhere and kisses me on the cheek. "I missed you, glad you came through." He goes to the other side of the table.

"I'm out my partner says." "What!" I say but secretly relieved. She wasn't good anyways she can't hold her liquor for squat but she likes the attention it brings her.

"What don't be frightened by this beast we shall destroy him!" I rant "Who well destroy the beast with me."

I feel someone approaching from behind me.

"Ahh", I squeal as he Puts his hands on my shoulder. He stands besides me and I look to James who is already on his way to me with two closed fist.

"No, anyone but you!" James says.

Nova comes in closer, so I get in the middle.

"Guys, please don't fight." I whisper. "I don't want to ever see you guys fight."

I can feel Nova's Stance release from behind me and James is looking into my eyes. I want him to keep looking so he can see the pain it brings me seeing them like this. He takes a deep breath as he closes his eyes and slowly I see his fist release from the grip it was in.

"Wow," some idiot has to comment "That was intense."

"Shut up Carl." James says.

James looks Nova up and down. "Keep your hands and mouth to yourself and we wont have a problem." "Did you get that or should i say it slower." Fucken James says.

"He can do that but can you?" Carter chimes in.

"Ooooo." The crowd sings.

"What?" Is that supposed to indicate something?