29. Dinner with my parents

It's Tuesday morning and I'm bored at home. I thought it would be much more fun getting a two-day suspension but its not. The best part was waking up at nine and not having to get ready at seven in the morning. I eat breakfast and finish all the homework they gave me for both days. Its three a clock when I start putting away all my finished assignments for the next two days. I'm go upstairs to put my stuff away in my room. I grab some clothes and head into the shower. My phone rings twice while I'm in there but I don't bother to answer. I video call Nova back when I'm done and sit the phone down on my vanity stand and grab a brush and wait for him to answer.

"Hi, he signs to me just got out of the shower I see."

"Yes." I sign back.

"How was your day?"

"Finished all the homework they gave me for my two-day suspension."

"Good."

"I was wondering if I can come over, I'll bring food!" he bribed.

"Okay sure that's fine I haven't even eaten lunch I was to busy trying to finish it all up to get it over with and not procrastinate like I always do." I tell him.

"Okay what do you want to eat."

"Mmm Taco Bell. I'll text you what I want just incase you forget." I tell him.

"Okay, bye."

"Later." I say as we end the call.

I text him what I want and he arrives 20 minutes later.

We stay in my bed until around five just eating, signing and finishing two of his assignments.

Its five thirty when he starts to put away his stuff and I get up to pick up the taco bell trash around us

My parents come into my room telling us what we want for dinner.

"Can you make some lasagna!"

"Ok" My mom signed and Nova and I just look at each other amused and shocked and she walks away pleased by our reaction.

"Your mom is learning to sign?"

"I didn't even know!" I laugh.

"That's good though if not for me for every other hard of hearing person out there it's always cool to know another language."
"I know I now can say I know three languages English, Spanish and ASL." We put Netflix on until dinner is ready and I tell Nova if he told his mom he was going to be over here.

"Yes." He signs. "I told her."

"Good I don't want an amber alert going on. It breaks my heart when I hear one knowing that a child is out there missing."

"I know how you feel."

We watch girl meets world and are 10 minutes to the second episode when my mom comes up to my room and ask us to come down." She didn't sign for us to go downstairs I know that if she is learning ASL that she's still on the first stages of it. She's a fast learner though and I appreciate her not yelling for us to go down knowing that Nova wouldn't have been able to hear her.