Moving On

Its been months since the incident. I still have bad dreams about that night. I locked myself in my room for about a month straight with friends coming to me obviously understanding my situation. It wasn't until i saw a documentary about how this can have an effect on you emotionally, mentally and physically like I didn't already feel it. I was finally able to push myself to be "Normal" worse could have been done to me and although what happened to me was still life changing and scaring I wasn't going to give my attacker power over me anymore. The longer I was caged into my room the longer he still had control over me. It was finally almost summer and i go through my classes with the help of my awesome friends. 

2 more weeks and it will finally be summer!  I constantly counted down the days! 

James, We are most definitely going to be out all summer! Were going to be seniors! we have to all do something all summer we have to be out of the house and spending it together. 

Nova, What do you think about that? You down to do something this summer with the crew? He tells me.

Ever since my incident for some reason it brought everyone closer together. Nobody would leave me alone half the time and i would legit have to plead to be alone. Me and Nova still aren't together. But we are as close as ever. James, Nova and I have set our differences aside and dropped the drama from months ago. I guess since my incident we matured a bit. James hasn't been with anyone since we broke up and he tells me its because he wants to learn what its like to be single and not want to sleep with every girl he talks to. He tells me that although he knows me and him will never happen that he hopes he finds someone like me someday. He said he doesn't want to do what he he did to the next girl he "falls in love with". His mother found out what he did to me months ago and legit took away everything materialistic that means everything to him so he can be bored and think about his actions. Besides being allowed to come to my house on the weekends he was grounded indefinitely. He is even making me tell his parents to unground him in the summer and that I have forgiven him so he's allowed to go on our unplanned trips in the summer with the crew. 

Yeah getting out of this town is probably what I need, I tell Nova. We are in my backyard. There about ten of us here. Everybody is in the pool besides me James and Nova. You know I cant believe how fast and how much this year has brought us. The best part of it all was reuniting with you, I tell Nova. 

You're my best part too! he nudges me.