4. Dinner

(Eve's POV)

After my little talk with the math teacher I was finally able to go home! Geez why would teachers make you see them afterschool? Why not lunch? I'll never understand . . .

"I'm home!" I announce as I try to act as cheerful as possible.

"Welcome back honey!" My mom greets. "How was school?"

"Good!" I lie. "We didn't get too much homework today and I have a date on Saturday!" My mom squeals.

"That's wonderful who's the lucky guy? Oh and I've got the perfect outfit for you-"

"Mom it's just a friend date! You know hanging out!"

"Okay if you say so." She says with a wink. I roll my eyes and head upstairs to finish my homework. After few hours or so I've finished most of the work! Only few more pages left; I did a little happy dance in my head.

"That's great!" I hear my mom chime from downstairs.

"Yeah hurry and get ready!" I hear my dad respond. I hear footsteps approaching my room and my mom pokes her head in. Gee ever heard of knocking?

"Eve hurry take a shower and put on your best clothes!"

"But why?"

"Just do it hun!"

           I sigh I guess I can finish later tonight. I quickly clean myself off and put on some nice clothing. I apply a little mascara and examine myself in the mirror; this is considered good looking right? I examine my beige strapless dress that only went up to my knees, and my hair in a high ponytail; a little plain but I don't like to dress all fancy. Satisfied with my look I head downstairs my parents were also dressed nicely.

"Why are we dressed like this?" I ask.

"We're going out for dinner tonight." My dad replies.

"To where?"

"That's a surprise!" My mom winks. I roll my eyes as I put on some flats; I head towards the car when my dad stops me.

"We're not driving there. It's close by so we can walk." Where the heck are we eating? At 711?! I nod as I follow my parents without question. Within a few minutes we were there I look at the house we were at and cursed under my breath as my dad rung the doorbell.

"Welcome!" Elsword greets; he's still wearing the same clothes from school.

"Hi Elsword long time no see!" My dad replies.

"Please come in." He opens the door for us; as I walk in I glare at him, and he does the same but returns to his fake grin.

"Long time no see Eve!" I smile back.

"Yes long time no see." I sigh of relief as I see my parents walk away; that means I can drop the act. Elsword still smiles at me.

"You can drop the act now." I whisper.

"I like your dress." I glare at him as I walk towards to kitchen.

"Eve hi honey remember me?!" I smile and for real this time.

"Hi Camilla!" Camilla is Elsword's mom; she's a really nice woman but I do wonder at times . . . what ever happened to her excuse for a son?

"Where's Elesis?" My dad asks.

"Oh she moved out right after high school. Guess she wanted to live a free life of her own now."

"What about Penensio? Is he on another business trip?" My mom asks. Camilla's face drops but quickly returns to her famous smile.

"That guy is always busy I guess more food for us!"

"Come on let's get dinner started!" Mom chirps. We gather around the dinner table; I did my best not to barf when I saw Elsword sitting beside me.

"Dinner is served!" Camilla sets the plates down. My stomach growls with joy as I examine the food on the plate, steak, mashed potatoes, few fruits, fried chicken, and most importantly cheese cake!

"Wow this looks amazing!" I blurt out.

"Let's eat then!" Elsword joins in; as usual I'm the one who gobbles down all the food in record time.

"Seconds please!" Everyone stares at me like I'm some sort of alien.

"Big eater as usual eh Eves?" I pretend to smile sweetly at Elsword,

"yep and I really like the cake!" Elsword quickly gobbles down the rest of his food.

"How about you kids hang out somewhere else I'm sure you two don't want to stick with us boring old adults." My dad comments. I open my mouth to protest but Elsword interrupts me,

"okay that sounds like a good idea. Come on Eves lets go to the park." I nod.

We walk out of the house and walk in silence. I look behind me; yep we're far enough away from the house. "Listen you!" Elsword looks at me oddly. "First of all don't you ever call me Eves again! Only friends can call me that!"

"I bet you'll let that Raven call you that!" He hisses.

"Why would you care?" I mumble. He chuckles.

"I know it's none of my business. Besides I'd never understand how you sluts think." I stop walking and tremble with hate and anger.

"Shut up." He laughs. "SHUT UP!" He glares at me.

"I'm not a slut I think the reason why you know so much about them is because you slept with so many!" Wrong move . . . I didn't mean it that way. His smile vanishes quickly.

"Listen here, I don't care who you once were to me, but I promise that from this day on you'd wish you were never born! I promise I will make your life a living hell!" He pushes me onto the ground and walks off. "Be back here in a few minutes and try to act like we were spending time together!"

"I hate you." I mumble as I feel a lone tear trickle down my cheek.

(Elsword's POV)

I sit on the swing and look up at the night sky. Yep things were defiantly not the same anymore. I smile to myself as I remember the first time I met Eve. She was sure cute when she was 'flying' on the swing. I wish we could live like that today, but that's impossible. We're from two different worlds we were never meant to be . . .