7. His Dark Secret

(Eve's POV)

       I bob my knee up and down as I watch my doctor read over the test reports. My mom fidgets with her hands while my dad randomly looks around the room. The doctor clears her throat and she catches our attention.

"Eve your condition has gotten a bit worse." She announces. "Have you been doing some of the warm up in gym?" I nod. "Taking your pills every day?" I nod once again.

"What does this mean?" My mom asks.

"Nothing life threatening yet but because your daughter's heart is somewhat worse than most patients I'd like to ask what she usually eats and how much exercise she does on her free time."

"Eve eats lots of fruits and vegetables, and she walks to and from school every day." My dad explains.

"Well sometimes negative emotions epically strong ones can affect her health." The doctor turns to me. "So if anything is ever bothering you remember to tell your parents okay sweetie? Oh and from now on take an extra pill."

"Okay." I turn my head a bit to see my parents looking at me with worry.

"Alright you can leave now!"

"Thanks Ariel!" I chirp. My parents wave goodbye to her and we walk to the parking lot in awkward silence.

"So Eve when we get home-"

"No mom I'm not gonna go to school!"

"But why?" She looks at me like I'm hiding something.

"Because by then it will be last block." I reply flatly.

"So you can just go there to see your friends." My dad joins in.

"Seriously I'd rather stay home." I pick up my walking speed trying to prevent them from asking anymore questions.

       We finally arrive back home and I flop onto my bed. Best part about these checkups I get to miss a whole day at school. Something tells me that the reason my condition is worse is because of Elsword; the urge to punch something returns. I grip my pillow tightly trying to control my anger. Then the doorbell chimes and I hear my mom heading towards it.

"Oh welcome please come in!" I hear my mom comment quite loudly. "Eve you have a guest!"

"Send them in to my room!" I don't feel like walking down there! But who the heck would come visit me?! Then the door opens; my body freezes as I see my guest.

"Er hey." Elsword . . . I mentally stab myself. "I brought you your homework."

"Place it on my desk then leave!"

"That's no way to treat a guest." He chuckles as he places the books down.