16. Envy

(Elsword's POV)

        My body completely froze as Ara continues to kiss me, I took a glance at Eve, she smiled happily at us, but I could see hurt written all over her face. An urge to push Ara aside overwhelmed me, but instead I just sat there in shock. I continued to stare at Eve until Ara finally finished eating my face off.

"Um, Eve right?" Eve snaps out of her trance and nods. "Can you leave, and give us some alone time?"

"O-okay." She looks sadly at me before making her way to the other side of the beach.

"She could've stayed." I said in a harsh and stern voice. Ara shook her head, and looked at me with dreamy eyes.

"I don't want anyone else here to ruin this moment." Moment, what moment?! I have to admit it, but things were going great until she showed up. "I know you said long distance relationships don't work out, but we're technically not far away from each other anymore."

"So you want to get back together?" I ask emotionlessly.

"Yes!" Before I could answer Ara attacked me with another bear hug. I'm not sure how such a tiny girl could hug so hard; I think she broke some of my ribs. She continues to strangle me with her hug, even though I'm gasping for air.

"Don't tell me to calm down!" I hear Rena shout from a distance.

"Rena you can't just barge in like that!" I hear Chung protest. At the corner of my eyes I could see a very angry Rena running towards us. Uh oh, things might start to get messy . . .

"People are sure loud these days." Ara giggles as she continues to hug me. I hear someone clear their throat loudly; Ara broke the hug and looked behind her. I smile sheepishly at Rena as she looks at us with crossed arms.

"Well hello there." She spoke to Ara in a strange voice. It's almost like the voice you'd hear when someone is talking to an animal. "I'm Rena Elsword's friend."

"I'm Ara Elsword's girlfriend."

"Oh, how . . . lovely." I could see her eye twitch slightly.

"Um she's actually my ex." I said not making eye contact with either of the girls.

"But we're not far away from each other so . . ." Man this girl is stubborn!

"Well I'm not exactly ready for a new relationship." Ara stares blankly at me, before nodding her head.

"Okay, and don't worry; I'll be here when you're ready!" She smiles sweetly at me. Awe that smile reminds me of the time we first met. Shut up brain, it's not time to think about that.

"Rena, have you forgotten about us?!" Anger started to boil as I saw Chung giving Eve a piggyback ride. Chung lets Eve down, and looks at Ara, "who's the chick?"

"Elsword's soon to be girlfriend!" She chirped. "Well I used to be his little light of hope, but right now he's not ready for another relationship." Eve looked emotionlessly at us. Come on please say something Eves; you're killing me with your silence!

"Well I'm Chung nice to meet you, and if Elboy here isn't good for you." He fixes his hair. "I'm always available." I seriously want to punch him in the face, how dare he hit on Ara!

"Well I'm going to go get the lovebirds." Rena says as she glares at Ara coldly. She quickly put on her fake smile as she ran off to look for the lovebirds.

"So how did you two meet?" Chung asks he sits down, and waits for us to tell the story. Eve hesitated a bit before sitting down to listen.

"Well when we first met we hated each other!" Ara giggles at the memories. "We got more social with each other when the teacher forced us to work together on a science project. We gradually grew closer, and soon we became close friends. We helped each other through many tough times, and at the end of freshmen year he finally asked me out!"