25. New start

(Eve's POV)

 So from what I heard, Elsword took care of the kids that night while I was asleep. I have no idea how he could manage those demons, but he was able to keep them from waking me up. I was very grateful he did that, if I had to spend the rest of that night with them, I'd kill each and every one of those pests. 

I spent the next few days cleaning, studying, and reading. Yes I know not very eventful, but it's not like I have anything better to do. The only huge event coming up is that huge New Year's party. I obviously have no interest in going, but as we all know I don't have a choice now do I?

I jump back to reality to the sound of my phone ringing. I check who the caller is and surprise, surprise, its Rena probably reminding me about the party. I place my book down on my lap and answer the call.

"Eve glad you're awake!" Rena said loudly. I could already picture her smiling widely.

"Yeah, so what do you want?" I reply, while playing with a strand of my hair.

"Well I just wanted to remind you about the party; Chung will pick you and Elsword up. You better come or else I'll be really upset!" She scolds.

I sigh and pick up my book," I got it." I reply monotony, hoping she'll pick up on my disinterest in going.

"Great!" I could just picture her fist pumping. "See you there!"

With that she ended the call. I wonder if this girl pretends to be dumb, any dim wit would be able to tell I don't want to go. Well at least Els is going. I guess this would be a good opportunity to spend time with him without anyone disturbing us.

I giggle and gave myself a gentle slap," you sound like an obsessed fan girl." I scold myself. I shake those creepy thoughts out of my head and continue to read.

(Elsword's POV)

I watch as mom continues to talk to Elesis, she talks as if Elesis is actually awake. It pains me to see both of them like that. The bright side is that the doctors said Elesis is recovering fast, she should be close to waking up.

I glance at the clock; it read 2:30pm. I'm supposed to be picked up by Chung around 4:00; they want to start the party early, so we can have more fun. I return my gaze to my sis, and mom. In a way they both look dead.

Sis looks like she's ready to go to heaven at any moment, while mom looks tired and worn out; she looks totally tired out right now. I sigh and place my hand on mom's shoulder. She looks at me, knowing it's time to go.

If I don't tell mom to leave, she'll just stay here and talk. We both know it’s not going to be healthy for her to do that, and we both know it won't help Elesis; but it's still hard to stop her one sided conversation. It's like I'm slapping the harsh reality back into her face. 

"Oh right don't you have a party to attend?" My mom asks. I nod while grabbing her coat for her. "Alright we should get going then."

I wave my sleeping sister goodbye and head out with mom. I let my mind wander, wondering what will happen if she never wakes, and what will take place if she does wake up. Those thoughts can get depressing, and they get annoying real fast.

"So who's place is the party being held again?" Mom questions while starting up the car. 

"At Rena's house," I began. "Chung's coming at 4 to pick Eve and I up." My mom smiles slyly while raises a brow at the sound of Eve's name.

"Oh, you and Eve eh?" She states with a wink. "You kids have fun, but remember safety first."

I could feel a blush appearing on my face. Gee, has my mom been speaking with Daisy' because she sounds like her right now. "M-mom what are you thinking?!"