Chapter 26: The New Neighbour

(Eve's POV

I spent the rest of my break studying, and reading. Why you may ask? Well it's because after our break finals is coming up, and I want to study ahead of time so I won't be too stressed out when it does come. Elsword came over to hang out from time to time, so I didn't waste all of my time studying. Today is the last day of the break, and I'm more than ready to go back to school. Studying should be a breeze, now that I'm nearly prepared for most of the tests coming its way.

A small knock on the door caught my attention," come in." I said. The door opened up, and my mom poked her head in.

"Honey the new neighbors are here!" She chimed. My mom has always been excited to meet new people; she's probably psyched that new people have moved into the house beside us

"So?" I ask while keeping my eyes on the papers.

"Well I just had a small talk with them," she began. "And they are really fun people!" That's what she says about everyone. Doesn't matter if you're the most boring person in the world, my mother will find you interesting. "They also have a son around your age, and--"

"Okay hold your horses mom!" I quickly interrupt. "I know what you're about to say, and the answer is no!"

My mom crosses her arms and glares at me," honey you are going to meet a new friend!" She says sternly. "Now listen to your mother and go!"

I groan and get up from my seat. I frown while going down the stairs, trying to show my mom how much I hate her idea. I slip on some boots, and put on my coat. I didn't bother saying good bye to my mom, since she literally pushed me out the door; looks like she's eager for me to be away and out from the house. I wonder how she'll act when I decide to move out, she'll probably be jumping with excitement by the time I step out that door.

I walk over to the neighbour's house and knock on the door. Butterflies jumped in my stomach. I wonder if they'll like me, how old are they; what if they are some little kid; it better not be some kid we all know how bad I am with children!

I snap out of my thoughts as the door opens up, revealing a silver haired guy, he had purple eyes, a white sweater, and matching white pants.

"How may I help you?" He asked.

"Er, my mom actually made me come to say hi." I sheepishly explained to the stranger. His eyes brighten and he smiled warmly at me.

"You must be Daisy's daughter." He exclaimed. I blush at the fact my mom told this stranger about me. "My name his Adam, but I prefer being called Add." He extended his arm out for a hand shake. I awkwardly took his hand and said,

"my name is Eve."

"Eve that's a pretty name." He complimented. I blush and mutter a "thank you". "So Eve, what grade are you in?"

"I'm in 12th grade." I reply with a shrug. "I'm just glad this will be my last year of high school."

Add chuckled and nodded," same here. High school is so boring, I can't believe people say it's fun."

"Yeah," I reply with a smile. "I blame social media they make high school seem way too fun." Maybe this guy isn't as bad as I thought.

"I totally agree with you." He stated with another chuckle. "Great minds think alike."

"We'll just see about that, right after we check your school work that is." I said with a smirk. "Come on let's compare grades, then we'll see if we think alike."

"Challenge accepted." He smirked.

I was quite surprised by Add's marks; honestly he's as smart as me. He's just a bit weak at the math department, but was able to kick my butt in history. We fired up quite a conversation and later I ended staying at his place for dinner; of course my mom didn't mind at all.