Within A Thousand Lights

(Eve's POV)

        "Okay here is the plan!" Rena patrolled the table with crossed arms. "We have been waiting and working for weeks now, and now it's here! Tonight it the big night, and I expect everyone to come."

        "She's sure serious about this." Elsword whispers in my ear.

        "Kind of scary too." I whisper back. Honestly I'm kind of scared of her hearing me talk. You can clearly see she's in serious mode, and I would hate to find out how she'd react if someone interrupted her little announcement.

        "Chung will be driving Elesis and the costumes to everyone!" Rena began. "Girls, we will be meeting at Eve's place, and guys you will pick us up there. Elesis and I did some research and found that nine is the time when the beach is nice and quiet. We'll be leaving at eight, and remember to bring an extra change of clothes! There will be a bonfire and we will be swimming."

        Aisha exchanges excited glances with Ara," this sounds really fun!" She claps her hands together. "Are we going to Eve's right after school?"

        "Yes!" Rena replies with a toothy grin. "Any questions?"

        Chung raises his hand," why exactly are we swimming at night? Woudn't it be cold and what if we get stung by a jellyfish--"

        "No questions? Alright!" Rena cuts Chung off. "I can't believe it's finally happening!"

        To say I have mixed feelings for tonight is more than correct. One side of my brain is saying this will be very fun, and I'll surely enjoy myself. On the other hand, the other half of my brain is deciding that tonight is not worth it. The happy memories I'll make will only come back as painful flashbacks in the future - remembering the times when we were once close may be more painful than enjoyable.

        "I'm interested to see what Elesis made for us." Raven began. "Here I thought we would be going with the classic suits and dress look."

        "We had other ideas, but thank goodness we didn't agree on it." Ara giggles at the memories.

        "It doesn't look too cold tonight," Aisha smiles at her phone. "According to this it should be a clear night, perfect for star gazing."

        "The weather forecast is usually a liar." Elsword points out. "I would suggest bringing a jacket there or something."

        "Oh don't be such a party pooper." Rena replies almost instantly. "The weather will be fine, you'll see!"

        "Yeah, when we're all soaked in rain." Chung adds on quietly. Luckily for him Rena didn't catch his comment.

        "Well we should get going." I began packing up my things. "Class will start soon."

        "Good point," Chung checks his phone. "Alright, we'll be picking you girls up at six, so please don't take forever to get ready. I don't care if you don't have perfect make up on yet." His eyes avert to Rena.

        "See you guys later and, Chung, for your information a lady must look presentable before she can step out the door." Rena says matter-of-factly, Chung simply rolls his eyes in return.

        "I never knew you were a lady, I just thought you were a hairy cave man--" Chung is cut off with a rough punch to the stomach.

        "Take that back Chung!"

        He smirks before bursting out the library," oh no I angered the cave man!" We can hear him yelling from the halls. Needless to say Rena goes running after him, like a lion chasing its prey.