11. Strings of Fate

(Aisha's POV)

       I continue to scoop the spoon full of ice cream into my mouth as I watch the grudge. I know I can't be with Raven, but now I've probably ruined my chance to be his friend. My mind keeps on playing scenes of how Raven and Eve will be together; more tears spring out as I realize that I'll never be with him. This is stupid I shouldn't be crying over him, but I love him too much to let him go; it just hurts to know that your 6 year crush will end up with your best friend. I push those thoughts away as I continue to watch the movie.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Aisha wake up you're going to be late!" I hear my mom calling. I squint open one eye to see I passed out on the floor. Great I think I got some ice cream stuck in my hair.

"Morning I guess." I lazily get up and head to the bathroom. I gasp in horror as I see my reflection in the mirror. My hair looks like a tornado hit it, my mouth is surrounded by stains of dried ice cream, and my eyes are blood shot. I tear my eyes away from the mirror, I swiftly hop in the shower hoping that it will wash away my horrid look, after washing off, and combing my hair I slip on my purple hoodie and blue skinny jeans. I slam my hands on the counter and look my reflection in the eyes.

"Todays a new day!" I announce to my reflection. "Whatever you do try not to lose it in front of Raven and Eve no matter how painful it is!" Satisfied with my little pep talk I head downstairs for breakfast.

(Eve's POV)

"Wow roller coaster . . ." I quickly sit back on my bed; right now it feels like everything is turned sideways. "I'm gonna throw up." I attempt to get up, but to be welcomed by another dizzy spell. After I was sure I could walk I cautiously get up.

"One step at a time!" I told myself. As I try to walk straight cold shivers ran down my entire body. I randomly grab some clothes and put them on. I think I'm wearing my favourite jeans, and a random tank top; my mind is too woozy to comprehend anything. I make my way to the bedroom door, but the strength in my legs decides to disappear; I fall flat onto the floor. I groan as I remain on the floor, the room starts to spin; my stomach does not like this.

"Honey is everything ok-" My mom gasps as she sees me on the floor. "Eve are you okay?!" She sits me up straight, the dizzy spell starts to get worse.

"I'm just a little dizzy I'll be fine." I smile weakly at her. She shakes her head, and places her hand on my forehead.

"You're burning up and bad." I shake my head.

"I'm fine!" I announce as I try to get up. The world becomes lopsided and I crash onto the ground again. I hear my mom sigh of frustration.

"No you're not; you're hot as a stove, and your face is red as an apple. Plus you're wearing your jeans backwards, and you're wearing two pajama tops." I blush of embarrassment. "Go back to bed; I'll get you some medicine."

"But mom-"

"No buts, you're too sick to go to school." She walks out of the room before I could protest. I hate it when she does that!

I lazily slip on my plaid PJ pants, took off the extra top, and quickly slipped back into bed. I stare blankly at the ceiling as I wait for mom to return. She returns shortly after with a hand full of pills and a cup of water. I quickly gulp down the pills. "Mom sorry for making you worry."

"Do you want something to eat?" My stomach growls at my mom. "I'll give you a little." She hurries downstairs to get the food. I hate being sick, everyone has to waste their time taking care of me! She returns with a tray filled with waffles, bacons, and eggs.

"Thanks mom." Just then the doorbell chimes. My mom kisses my forehead as she heads down to answer it.

"Morning." I hear Elsword greet. I begin to chow down as I eavesdrop on my mom and Elsword.