Chapter 3. New Family

NOTE FROM THE FUTURE: THE FIRST 16 CHAPTERS OF THIS STORY WON'T MAKE SENSE BECAUSE THEY WERE TOO YOUNG FOR THE THINGS THAT HAPPENED AND IT MAKES THE PLOT LOOK IDIOTIC. BUT I CAN PROMISE YOU THIS; IT GETS A WHOLE LOT BETTER WHEN YOU REACH CHAPTER 17 BECAUSE REASONS XD

Jeff's POV

"Jeff, I want to introduce someone." Liu said cheerfully behind me. I sighed, can't they see I'm busy?

"Who?" I said, completely focused on the TV screen.

"Stop playing first." Liu replied.

"You can't tell me what to do just because you're five years older." I shook my head at him.

"Uhh . . . Yeah, I can."

"Whatever."

"Jeff."

"Shut up."

"Hey, I told you I don't like you using your 'internet' language here." Liu ranted on me again.

"But you say it all the time." I argued. It wasn't fair, I was just copying him, "You're the one using that language all the time, I'm just following your example."

"Shut up, you still can't. It's disrespectful." He retorted, "And have some manners, we have new company. Stop playing for a second."

"You're disrespectful." I muttered. Well, he is, he just told me to shut up when I can't even say the word. Hypocrite.

But I guess he has a point, I shouldn't be using that kind of language, I can't help it though and I blame Liu, sometimes mom and dad too. I'm just under their influence, really. And maybe the internet like Liu said, but he is far worse than me. They'd tell me to think like a kid for once . . . Can I help it if I'm a little more mature than other kids?

"Jeff, Jeffrey, Jeff . . ." He kept saying my name over and over again which doesn't bug me at all. "Jeffrina!"

"Stop calling me that!" I yelled, still not looking at them. That stupid nickname that Liu gave me when I was younger annoys me so bad. Where did he even come up with that?

"Aww, Jeffrina, you're gonna go to your masquerade ball with your little pink dress and handsome prince and all that whatever stuff!" He teased.

What on earth!? I paused the game and turned my head with a glare as I looked at them. I saw Liu trying to stop laughing and holding a little girl's hand. She looks like a ghost, you know, those creepy, little girls with pale skin and black hair, although her hair was short. She looked a bit scared as she looked at me. Is this the kid Liu told me about last night?

"Jeff, this is Marika, your new sister." Liu said with a grin.

"Uh . . . Hi?" I awkwardly greeted her, well I'm not used to this neighborhood and especially not used to socializing because we just moved here like three months ago because of dad's job. She looked somewhat relieved, smiled at me and waved her hand a bit.

"Liu, do you mind helping your dad assemble the new bed?" I heard mom's voice from upstairs.

"Kay!" Liu yelled back, "Marika, I'm going to help them with you room, okay? You go and spend some time with Jeff." Liu said as he crouched down and smiled at her before running to my room. Wait . . . My room!? No way . . . I told them I don't want to share with anybody! This in't fair! Liu should have shared, he's older! He's always the lucky one!

I glared at my room's door before looking back at the new kid. She was just there . . . standing innocently and staring at me, this is creepy, "Umm . . ." I started, my annoyance replaced by sheer confusion.