Chapter 12. A School Play

NOTE FROM THE FUTURE: THE FIRST 16 CHAPTERS OF THIS STORY WON'T MAKE SENSE BECAUSE THEY WERE TOO YOUNG FOR THE THINGS THAT HAPPENED AND IT MAKES THE PLOT LOOK IDIOTIC. BUT I CAN PROMISE YOU THIS; IT GETS A WHOLE LOT BETTER WHEN YOU REACH CHAPTER 17 BECAUSE REASONS XD

Marika's POV

I woke up just like any other day. The ringing noise of the alarm clock, The sun shining through the window and Jeff's arms around me.

I groaned as I sat up, I shook Jeff with very little energy, yesterday was awful except for the last part that happened. I blushed at the though.

Sigh, Jeff wouldn't wake up as usual, I mustered up my strength and pushed him off the bed as I lay down and peeked at him.

Oh . . . Shit, I forgot about his bruises and cut.

His eyes fluttered open and turned to me with a glare as he sat up, he rubbed his eyes sleepily as he yawned. Then his eyes widen as he looked at me and started blushing like hell.

"Uh . . . Umm . . ." He stuttered. "I- . . . er . . . Sorry about last night." He blushed harder. Well, atleast he's back to his normal self again.

"What's to be sorry about?" I grinned cheekily at him.

"Shut up, let's go." He blushed as he spoke quietly, I giggled at him.

We did our daily routine and went to school. It was art class and our teacher was currently discussing something.

"We're going to have a play!" He cheered as we the rest of the students groaned. "It's Snow White!"

He summarized the whole plot of the play, I was actually interested in it . . . I think I'll audition for this.

"Who would like to audition?"

I looked around me, not a single student volunteered as they look down on their desks with bored faces. Jeff was also trying to keep his eyes open as he listen. I noticed his bruises got a little better than yesterday too.

Well . . . I might as well give it a shot. I slowly and nervously raised my hand up, gaining weird looks from everyone. I glanced at Jeff who is now looking at me in shock.

"Ah! Marika!" The teacher strode over to me and gave me the script.

I saw Kathleen gave me a smile as she also raise up her hand. The teacher also gave her a script and looked around. Nobody else seems to want to join . . .

"Hmm . . . if some of you still wants to join, you could always ask me for the script." He smiled. "Auditions are tomorrow."

He walked out and I examined the script. Seems easy to memorize . . .

"Why'd you join the stupid play?" I heard Jeff said beside me.

"Seems interesting." I simply replied.

We finished our classes and went home immediately, I wasted no time as I laid on my bed and memorize the script.

I can either be the witch or Snow white. I think I'll audition for Snow instead.

Jeff got in the room while carrying a tray of food. Yum.

"Eat for a while," He said as he places the tray on my bed. "Is that the script?" He asked as he read it with me.

I nodded as I grabbed a sandwich and ate it as I scanned through the pages. Out of the blue, Jeff slammed the script down the bed as he stared wide-eyed at the last page.

"A kissing scene!?" He shouted. I looked at the paragraph he was pointing at and read it.

"Hmm . . . I guess there is." I simply replied.