Chapter 20. Liu's Departure

Jeff's POV

"They were stabbed, son!" Mom exclaimed.

"But they were the ones who pulled the knives on the three of us . . ." I said weakly.

"Kid, we found three boys, one with a broken hand, another with a bruise on his stomach and one stabbed in the arm." A big policeman interrogated.

Shit, they totally suspect us . . . What are we going to do now? This is a big problem.

I heard footsteps behind me and saw Marika running down the stairs with a worried face and she also looked like she just woke up.

"We are the ones who were attacked and threatened!" She yelled at two policemen angrily.

"We have witnesses proving that you fled the scene, now what does that tell us?" The policeman huffed.

"But-!"

"Marika, call your brother down." Mom stopped her from shouting. She shook her head vigorously and started tearing up. I didn't like seeing her that way nor could I bring Liu and Marika into this mess.

"Sir . . . I-It was me. I was the one who beat them up." I confessed the truth nervously. Marika looked at me in a helpless way.

"Well, looks like a year in Juvy." They replied and took out a handcuff.

"Wait!" I heard Liu's voice shout from behind us while holding a knife. "It was me and I have the marks to prove it!" He yelled and pulled his sleeves up revealing fresh new cuts and a few bruises as if he got into a fight, did he do that to himself!?

"Son, just put the knife down . . ." The cops said. Liu dropped it on the floor, making a clattering sound. He walked over to them with his hands up. I gaped at him, he can't do this to himself, this is my fault!

"No, Liu! It was me!" I yelled as tears started to flow. "Liu is innocent! It was me, I did it!" I desperately shouted.

"Come on, stop trying to take the blame for what I did." Liu laughed dryly. "Well, take me away . . ." He sighed.

"Liu, stop! Tell them it was me!" I shouted, Marika and I started crying as we saw the cops handcuffed Liu and lead him to their car. Marika and I ran out as the car sped off away in the distance.

"Stop!" I shouted, hoping they could hear me. Mom gave me a sad look and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Jeff, please . . . We know it's Liu. You can stop." She said, oblivious to the fact that it was all my fault.

"Liu . . ." Marika sobbed.

A car pulled out on the driveway and dad walked out of it with a smile but it quickly faded away as soon as he saw the two of us.

"What's wrong?" He asked worriedly.

Marika and I didn't answer, I couldn't even bring myself to speak. We just kept on crying until mom took dad inside to tell him what happened. We were outside for what seemed like hours. Just hoping that Liu would come back but we're highly disheartened when he never did.

I stood up and grabbed Marika's hand, not even bothering to say a thing. We walked back inside to feel a gloomy atmosphere. Dad and mom were sitting on the living room, doing nothing in particular with sad and disappointed faces. I lead Marika all the way to my room without a word and laid on the bed, she seems to understand and did the same and we flicked the lights off.

I just didn't want to be alone . . . I just destroyed my brother's reputation. I ruined his future while he was in college . . .
I ruined how people see him. He was always kind and cheerful but what will people think of him if they knew that he will be in jail for a year? My own parents are probably ashamed. I ruined everything. If only I didn't fought back that day . . . that wretched day.

Anger flowed through my veins as I remember those three kids, if they hadn't attacked us, none of this would have happened! I'll get them back for this . . .

I glanced at Marika and saw her crying in her sleep. I wiped the tears away and hugged her tightly, I will definitely get them back and prove Liu's innocence . . .

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

。・゜・(Д')・゜・。
Liu.... :'(
This part is so sad.

Short chapter but i wanted to update today~