Chapter 16. Car Trips

NOTE FROM THE FUTURE: THE FIRST 16 CHAPTERS OF THIS STORY WON'T MAKE SENSE BECAUSE THEY WERE TOO YOUNG FOR THE THINGS THAT HAPPENED AND IT MAKES THE PLOT LOOK IDIOTIC. BUT I CAN PROMISE YOU THIS; IT GETS A WHOLE LOT BETTER WHEN YOU REACH CHAPTER 17 BECAUSE REASONS XD

Liu's POV

I slowly opened my eyes as I yawned. Ugh, my body aches from sleeping in a car . . .

I looked out the window and saw that we seemed to be in some kind of desert like place, the roads are barely visible because of the thick sand that's covering it and there are rocky mountains around here. I glanced at the two. Huh, Marika is leaning her head on the window, fast asleep while Jeff is staring at his hands in deep thought.

Okay . . . Did I miss something? Marika NEVER sleeps like that on car rides.

"Jeff, did you have a fight with Marika?" I rubbed my eyes.

"Huh?" He looked a bit surprise as he snapped out of his thoughts. "No . . . Why?" He added.

". . . Nevermind." I gave him a weird look. I turned to dad and said to him.

"Dad, when can we stop for a while?" He didn't reply, he just kept on driving. Weird.

"Dad?" I asked. "DAD!" I shouted.

"Huh?" He looked at me through the rearview mirror and took his earphones off of his ears. "What is it?" He asked

"I said when can we stop?" I rolled my eyes.

"I don't know, maybe if we pass by a gas station or something." He replied and put his earphones back.

I groaned loudly. I want to stand up!! I'm tired of sitting! and I'm hungry! Marika's asleep and Jeff is not even talking, Did something seriously happened?

Two hours later . . .

"Head's up, gas station up front." Dad informed. Great, I'm getting car sickness!

I reached over and shook mom's shoulder and was glad that she woke up immediately. I glanced at Marika who's sleeping with her hood over her face. I tried poking and shaking her awake while Jeff stares at her. Ugh, she isn't waking up . .

"Jeff, move over a bit." I asked as he scooted away.

I pulled Marika's hood down and grabbed her sleeping face. I then proceed on opening her eyes with my own hands and blowing on her face.

"Ahh!" She shouted and covered her eyes.

"We're stopping for a while." I grinned cheekily as she glares at me. She rolled her eyes and fixed her jet black hair which reached her waist. They grow up so fast . . . Just kidding.

Dad parked in front of a small diner. The three of us ran out as soon as the vehicle stopped. Sweet Jesus! I'm free from that infernal ride!

"My legs are numb!" I shouted. Jeff and Marika chuckled as we headed inside a diner.

Jeff's POV

The three of us headed inside as mom and dad filled up the gas tank, I'm so hungry, I bet we all are. We headed to the counter and ordered our meals, we sat next to the window as we waited.

"I wonder what our new neighborhood will be like!" Liu said excitedly.

"You're going to college, right?" Marika asked.

"Yeah but don't worry, I know you'll miss me so I'm still staying with you guys." He grinned.

"Who says we will?" I rolled my eyes. We had a good laugh, a middle-aged woman served our food and we started digging in. Mom and dad always wants us to hurry when it comes to stopping to places like this. Places in the middle of nowhere. They think that a bad guy would suddenly come in and take us hostage or zombies would started attacking, trapping us inside. I think they watch to many movies . . .