Chapter 22. In The Hospital

Marika's POV

My eyes fluttered open and saw an unfamiliar room with white walls, I looked around and saw another bed right in front of mine, a person with bandage wrapped around his whole body was laying there.

I tried to stand up but stopped when a stinging pain shot up on my shoulder and stomach. Then it hit me, my memories flooded back as I realized that I'm in a hospital room with my stomach wrapped up in a bandage all the way to my shoulder. The whole fight happening at Billy's party, me getting shot four times and Jeff . . . burned.

I stared at the unmoving person on the other side of the room.

It's Jeff . . .

"Hello?!" I yelled, hoping for someone to come in, "Anyone!"

I sighed in relief as a doctor came in with a nurse. They greeted me with a smile and started doing check-ups on me.

"Where are my parents?" I asked with a nervously.

"They'll be back soon." The doctor assured me, I slumped back on my bed as I started feeling antsy, I really hate hospitals.

"You just need some rest, your wounds are healing faster than we thought." He smiled. "You can probably get up after a week or so."

"A week!?" I shouted. "No way! Remove this stuff right now!" I said while motioning to the tiny tubes that are inserted under my skin. The doctor and nurse glanced at each other, probably because of my weird actions.

"You have to stay in bed for a couple of days," The nurse sighed. "Or else your injuries will get worse."

I let out a breath of defeat, I averted my gaze to Jeff, I don't even know if he's awake or not. I couldn't see his face . . .

"How's my brother?" I asked.

"He still hasn't regain consciousness ever since he got here . . . but he's doing fine." The doctor answered.

All of the sudden, mom and dad came in the room. What surprised me the most is the person following them.

"Liu!" I shouted in surprise and happiness.

"Whoah!" He exclaimed. "I didn't think their situation was this bad . . ." He gave me a worried look.

"I'm fine, but Jeff is . . ." I paused. "Anyway, how did you get out?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Well, the people that saw what happened told the police that those kids attacked first . . . and with guns too." Mom started. "The kid that recovered also confessed the truth so Liu was released."

"So those people in the house weren't so useless after all." I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"Oooh, stingy." Liu grinned.

"Well they could've helped us or atleast call the police!" I spat. "The only one who's brave enough were mom, dad and-" My voice trailed off as I remember Jane who helped Jeff that day. Oh Great, now I owe her.

Dad cleared his throat, breaking me away from my thoughts. "Marika . . ." He started. "Two of the kids died, one never woke up and the other from heart failure." he sighed.

"But the authorities know you and Jeff only did it in order to defend yourself. They were at fault, not you." Mom commented rather quickly.

Wait . . . they died? Then who was the one who lived? I couldn't remember exactly, everything was a blur at the moment. Wait, Jeff killed somebody?

Just then, we heard a ringing noise, that's got to be my phone. I looked at where the sound came from.

"Could you pick that up and give it to me?" I asked Liu. He nodded and answered it before placing it at the side of my head.