Chapter 49. The Knife

Marika's POV

I bursted through the hotel doors while Jeff's arm is around my shoulder. This fucking idiot is too stubborn!

He doesn't want to go to the hospital or at least take a cab home, he insisted that he was fine! But clearly, he isn't! Jeff can't even stand up straight. Now I had to find the closest hotel so he could rest because we certainly can't stay out in the cold and we're too far from my house to walk!

I wrapped my handkerchief around his side so nobody will see his bleeding cut, Jeff even wore his hood, covering his face for some unknown reason. I don't understand why he couldn't just listen to me and why he needs to hide so much.

"I need a room, please." I panted as I reached the front desk. Jeff is getting heavier by the minute and I, a typical woman, picked my things back and brought them with me. Yes, every single bag.

The guy in charge gave us a suspicious look, "I'll be needing IDs." He asked.

Shit. I didn't bring any, "Um . . . I'm sorry, I don't have one with me." It's not like I know where I placed any of those.

"Then, ma'am, I can't let you-"

"I'll pay twice as much." I cut him off, "Just give us a room."

"What?" He gawked.

"Twice.as.much." I said through gritted teeth, Jeff is losing so much blood already, I need to hurry up.

The man studied us back and forth with doubtful eyes before it turned into a bored one, "6th floor, room 214. Please, sign here." He handed me a form and a pen which I hastily took from him.

I quickly signed it. Cheap hotels . . . So it's all about money, huh? Well, whatever. At least I managed to get a room.

I gave the form to him and grabbed the keys to the room. I huffed and gathered my strength and headed towards the elevator with Jeff and my stuff, he's breathing heavily and he's getting cold. I'm scared . . .

The elevator stops and the doors opened, I walked out while supporting Jeff and looked for our room. Once I found it, I wasted no time in going inside with the use of the keys. I laid Jeff down on the bed and my shopping bags on the floor.

I flicked the lights open and shut the door, I rummaged through one of the bags. I took a bandage, disinfectant and cotton balls out. I'm glad I bought them today, it is surely useful right now.

I removed my coat considering it got warmer because of the room temperature and the physical labor I just went through.

"Okay, Jeff, I'm gonna clean your wound." I said as I sat on the bed next to him.

"I already told you . . . I'm fine." He slowly replied and sat up, "I'm leaving." Jeff said as he stood up, I watched him intently, wondering what he's up to. Jeff walked towards the wardrobe and opened it. What the fuck.

"Jeff, that's the wardrobe." I deadpanned.

It took seconds before Jeff could respond, "Oh."

"Are you going to Narnia?" I sarcastically asked. Wow, I still remember little things like that though I wish I could remember the important things instead.

"Yes, yes, I am." Jeff said, matching my sarcasm.

"Look, will you just please get your ass back here so I can help you!?" I fumed. I can't believe he even has time for jokes while he's nearly bleeding to death.

Noticing the blood seeping through the handkerchief wrapped around his waist, I immediately took Jeff by the arms and sat him down on the bed, "Take your damn hoodie off." I ordered.