Chapter 39. T-Thanks

I woke up to the feeling of something being pressed against the side of my face. Cranky, I slapped whatever it was away. I'm trying to sleep here! Not to mention the discomfort I'm feeling because I was sleeping on the couch with only a thin blanket to keep myself warm. Kathleen and Wilfred took the room upstairs with their daughter while Karen and Kyle are at the guest room down here.

I tossed on the couch and slept but again, that same feeling on the side of my face was there, so this time I unknowingly slapped it harder. What the hell . . .

I heard a clattering sound near me which made me open my eyes and sat up. Fuck, did I break something?

My eyes were swollen from the crying I did and my vision was blurry, I rubbed my eyes and focused them. As soon as I realized what, or who was bugging me in my sleep, I jumped and fell off the couch.

"What's with your habit of slapping things away when you're asleep . . ." Jeff muttered as he bent down and picked his knife up with a scowl on his face, "You know . . . the blade is gonna get dull because of this . . ." He glared.

"What the hell are you doing here!?" I shouted but covered my mouth quickly. Shit, what if I woke them up? I never planned for them to see Jeff, things might get messed up or worst, Jeff might hurt them.

"Shh . . ." Jeff pressed a finger on his lips, "You might wake them up . . ." He grinned.

My eyes went wide, "How did you know they're here?" I glared at him. "Don't you dare hurt them."

"Nah, we had a deal . . ." He shrugged and sat on the couch. Ugh, now I have to sleep on that couch? Disgusting . . . I noticed his hoodie has blood splattered across it, did he kill someone again!?

"Just leave and don't ever come back!" I whisper-yelled at him, not bothering to stand up.

"Maybe. But first, I have to ask you something . . ." He turned his unblinking eyes towards me, "Where do they live?"

"What?" I gawked at him, is he stupid? "What makes you think I will tell you?" I stood up in anger. Geez, it's cold . . .

"Let's even the game." He gave me a sick grin, "The rule was that if you die, they die as well. They're not gonna stay here forever, correct?" He said with a smirk, I absentmindedly nodded at his question, "So . . . If they left, how am I supposed to know where they will be? I can't kill them without knowing where they are, can I? That's not fair at all." He smiled innocently at me.

"I'm not going to tell you." I clenched my fists as I told him. "You can make me miserable or whatever but don't ever bother them, just leave." Is his brain even functioning correctly? I'm not stupid enough to tell him that!

"You don't want to tell me?" He faked sadness. "Alright," He stood up and turned his back on me, "I'll just kill them now then." He mumbled and started walking towards the guest room.

Alarmed, I skidded towards him and grabbed his sleeve, "Stop!" I shouted, my voice came out much louder than I wanted it to be.

"I said leave them alone!" I shouted in a quieter tone, "Don't you fucking dare touch them." I grabbed a fistful of his hoodie and faced him, he grinned in amusement while I scrunched my face in disgust. I pushed him away when I realized that I just touched his blood-stained hoodie.

I looked at my hands and saw the blood, making me remember the macabre scenes of Kevin and my family. Startled, I ran to the kitchen and quickly washed my hands. I was muddled and started hyperventilating, what the hell do I do? Jeff is gonna kill them if I don't tell him their address but telling him would put them in danger, I just want them to be safe! They're all I have. I heard Jeff's footsteps came from behind, "The hell is your problem?" He asked in confusion.