Chapter 44. Familiar

"Here," I handed the hoodie back to a fuming Jeff, what's his problem? I was just helping, "Your welcome." I rolled my eyes. He looked up at me with a glare with his arms crossed.

Jeff roughly took his hoodie, "I didn't ask for your help." He repeated and furiously stood up from the couch and wore his hoodie back on, he slowly cringed and snapped his head towards me, "It smells like flowers." He stated in disgust.

"That's what happens when you wash clothes." I nonchalantly replied.

"I hate you." He growled.

"Oh, really?" I sarcastically asked, "Well, suck it up. 'cuz I live here too . . . I think." I unsurely replied. As much as I want to be nice, I'm not very fond of poor treatment such as this.

Jeff just gave me another glare before he muttered something I couldn't hear to himself. I sighed, "I wonder when will Billy come . . ." I mumbled.

Suddenly, Jeff started walking towards the back of the house, I hastily followed after him in a difficult manner because of the crutches and broken foot, "Where are you going?" I asked.

"Out." He deadpanned and headed for the back door.

"When are you coming back?" I stopped.

"Why do you care?" He emotionlessly replied while glancing back at me with a serious gaze, before I could even say another word, he left and slammed the door. What's with him?

He's really pissed. I walked back to the living room and sat down, I feel tired when I use the crutches, it takes a lot of energy to walk around with it. So much for asking him about me and why he looks . . . different.

Now what to do . . .? I grabbed the remote from the table and turned the TV on, I just watched random shows for a while. I came across a news flash saying that a woman was murdered last night in her house,

'She is believed to be the wife of the former victim killed in broad daylight from three days ago. Also, the Shaw family was attacked two nights ago and was not found until today due to the isolated area they live on'

Geez, what is this? Who on earth would even think of doing such thing? Is there a killer on the lose? if so then I better be careful . . .

I was torn away from my thoughts when I heard the doorbell rang, "The door's not locked." I shouted, I stared at the door as it opened. Billy came in wearing a plain, white shirt covered with a jacket, I could say he looked nice but something's off. He was panting and he looks so exhausted, he's even leaning on the door frame to support himself.

"Are you okay?" I asked and stood up on one leg.

He waved his hands, "Yeah, yeah. I'm fine, just sit down." He ordered, I did what I was told and sat back down though I got more worried when he wearily walked up to me and sat beside me, "What happened to you?"

"I'm fine, nothing's wrong." He answered, "Now, I promised to answer your questions . . ." He added, it's like every word he says takes a lot of power outta him! He's not fine at all!

"Billy, what happened?" I asked through gritted teeth. He looked at me and stubbornly shook his head, "Don't you lie to me!" I shouted and grabbed his arm. Suddenly, he jerked it away and winced in pain, "Wha-! I'm sorry! W-What is it!?" I panicked.

"Sorry, I lied. I don't feel so good." He said, grabbing his arm, "L-Last night, someone broke into my apartment and," He let out a breath. My God, he looks like he has trouble breathing, "He tried to kill me while I was asleep."

I gasped, "Did you see his face?"

"No, it was dark. I did managed to defend myself until my cousin decided to visit," He sighed, "So when he heard my cousin, he just ran away and left."