Chapter 17. Grandeur Neighborhood

OKAY GUYS, YOU HAD TO PUT UP WITH THE 'NOTE FROM THE FUTURE' FOR THAT PAST 16 CHAPTERS THAT SUCKED SO BAD. THIS CHAPTER IS WHERE THE REAL FUN STARTS, TRUST ME, I WROTE IT (lol wtf) 

AND IF YOU JUST HAPPEN TO REACH THIS CHAPTER, I JUST WANNA GIVE YOU ALL MY THANKS FOR BEARING ALL THE WEIRDNESS OF THE PAST CHAPS XD

Marika's POV

After long hours of driving, we finally reached the place. I couldn't express how happy I was . . . maybe it's because I'm not exactly happy, I want to go back to our old house. The new house was a whole lot bigger, I heard it has a basement and also an attic but . . . I want to stay in our old home, it's no use in complaining about it now.

Dad opened the front door and all of us went in, carrying out bags. The place looks better than the old one . . . Jeff, Liu and I decided to pick our rooms. As we reached the second floor, we noticed four bedrooms. Looks like Jeff and I will be staying in different rooms now . . . how awful is that?

"Looks like we're going to stay in different rooms from now on." I sighed and looked over the two.

"Isn't that great?" Liu smiled.

"Not really." I muttered with a frown.

"Well, I think it is because you two are growing up . . . You'll need privacy every now and then." Liu added. I started blushing.

"Is that why you didn't want to share rooms with Marika before?" Jeff crossed his arms with a smug grin.

"Shut up . . ." Liu mumbled with a blush as he opened a door.

The three of us examined every single room. After we're done, we went back to the hall and debated.

"Okay, there are two big rooms, a normal sized room and a small one. Mom and dad gets one of the big rooms, who get's what room?" Liu looked at the two of us.

"I get the big one!" I shouted.

"No way! It's mine!" Jeff added.

"Wait, I get it because I'm the oldest and obviously bigger than you two." Liu said with a devious smile.

"That's a stupid reason." Jeff rolled his eyes. "Then, I get the normal sized one!" He added.

Somehow, I knew it will end up this way. No worries, it's not like this will be our permanent home. We will SURELY move again someday.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes and went inside the small room, it looks okay. It's really tiny but my furniture only includes a bed, a wardrobe, a computer table with a chair for my laptop and a small bookshelf. It's fine, I'm more worried about the fact that I'm going to be alone in a room for the first time.

I placed my bags on the floor and head downstairs, I saw Jeff and Liu helping mom and dad with the unpacking so I also gave a hand. Out of the blue, the door bell rang. All of us stopped and glanced at each other before mom walked up to the door and opened it.

"Hello, I'm Barbara. I live across the street from you." a woman smiled kindly at mom as she smiled back at her. "Well, I just wanted to introduce my son and I."

She turned around and called her son, he looks like the same age as us with the same brunette hair as his mom. He ran up to us with a small smile and said 'hello'. Jeff and I didn't respond though . . . too gloomy to talk.

"Billy, these are our new neighbors." The lady said. "We're the Johnsons." She smiled as the kid-Billy ran back to their yard.

"Well, I'm Margaret and this is my husband, Peter." Mom said as she held dad's arm. "These are my children, Liu, Jeff and Marika." She smiled softly.