Chapter 4. Fun Time

NOTE FROM THE FUTURE: THE FIRST 16 CHAPTERS OF THIS STORY WON'T MAKE SENSE BECAUSE THEY WERE TOO YOUNG FOR THE THINGS THAT HAPPENED AND IT MAKES THE PLOT LOOK IDIOTIC. BUT I CAN PROMISE YOU THIS; IT GETS A WHOLE LOT BETTER WHEN YOU REACH CHAPTER 17 BECAUSE REASONS XD

Jeff's POV

We decided to enroll Marika to the same school as me, she will be starting the day after we celebrate her birthday, we even asked her to have the same schedule as me since she's not used to people. I sighed, this is troublesome, now I have to watch her the whole. I'm babysitting in school!?

"Jeff, Liu?" Mom asked. "Dad will be going to work now and I'll be going to the market, lock the doors, don't let anyone in and take care of Marika, okay?" She smiled at the three of us. We paused the multiplayer game that the three of us were playing and walked out the porch to greet them goodbye.

"Bye." I simply said.

"Take care, you guys." Liu said with a smile.

"Bye momma and daddy." Marika said which surprised all of us, especially mom and dad.

I snickered at their shocked faces, which made their gazes soften as they looked back at a smiling Marika. Her smile was genuine and there's this cheerful aura coming from her, it's really weird, because she looks like a ghost.

Just kidding.

"Bye sweetie." Mom leaned down and kissed her forehead, Dad patted her head with a 'see you' then they both entered the car and drove off.

"Come on." Liu said as he beckoned us to go back inside. We gladly continued playing the game.

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

After hours and hours of playing, we finished the game. We were practically sitting in the same position for the past 10 minutes, thinking of something interesting to do. Now what?

"What now?" Liu asked. As he said so, I heard Marika's stomach growled which made her red in the face.

"Maybe get something to eat?" I chuckled.

"I want to try cooking." Liu replied with a grin. Marika's eyes were wide as she grinned.

"Me too!" She yelled, she's getting used to talking with us.

"Let's go." I said as the three of us walked in mom's territory-the kitchen. Liu laid out a lot of cooking utensils and ingredients, sometimes I wonder if mom will ever get mad at Liu for touching her precious items in the kitchen.

Marika and I just stared at it in confusion, "What on earth are we gonna cook?" I said, eyeing the ingredients.

"Pancakes!" Liu cheered, Marika clapped her hands in excitement, that's kind of cute.

Liu started helping us out and assisting us while told us what to do step by step, though Marika and I were a bit clumsy at handling these thingies. His instructions were perfect, the only thing we did wrong is following it.

"Shoot!" I said as I dropped the egg on the floor.

"Jeff!" Liu shouted in surprise.

The attention was turned to Marika when she placed an egg in the bowl and smashed it with a spatula. Oh! We're gonna be eating eggshell pancakes!

Not.

"You guys are a disaster." Liu muttered as I helped him clean up the mess we did, "Mom is going to kill me."

"This is my first time cooking and I bet it's her first time too." I excused us as I glanced at Marika who is grinning from ear to ear.

"Yeah, it's strange that you actually want to do something else besides video games." Liu said as he cleaned up the table and the bowl with a smashed egg.