Chapter 42. Who am I?

Billy's POV

I sat in complete silence in the hospital room. Marika was unconscious on the bed, half her body was wrapped in bandages and the doctor said that her right foot was fractured.

It's been a week since the accident. I heard about it on the news, since Marika is a bit popular in the business world, they immediately knew it was her because of her car and reported it live. I don't know why but I just came rushing to the hospital and I visit her everyday, waiting for her to wake up, I'm really worried, sometimes I can't even sleep for some unknown reason.

The same doctor and nurse came in to do checks on Marika, the blonde nurse gave me a seductive smile and wink which made me shudder. Call me immature, she's pretty and all but girls like her are plain disgusting and easy, I'm not stupid enough to make a move on a *cough* slut *cough*.

I ignored her and stood up, "How is she?" I asked the doctor.

He turned to face me, "She's stable and her injuries are slowly healing but we cannot say for sure when she'll wake up . . ." He gave me an apologetic look.

I sighed and nodded, Marika looks so pale. I wonder if she'll be alright?

The doctor seems to have read my thoughts and said, "Don't worry, she'll be fine." He gave a small smile.

I forced myself to smile back and nodded, he excused himself and left the room with the nurse waving bye at me, Hnng . . .

I sat back on the chair at the corner of the room and sighed. You know how people post videos on the internet? Well I saw a video about her, it completely shows how she got hit by a truck, her car literally went flying. After the accident, her car was barely noticeable, I'm just glad she was found in one piece. The truck driver only suffered a few minor injuries, it's not his fault though. The news said that Marika was driving at a red stoplight, the driver couldn't stop the truck in time because of the slippery snow. What on earth is Marika doing out in this cold weather, not to mention it was Christmas that time.

I was pulled away from my thoughts when I heard shuffling, I looked up and saw Marika moving and opening her eyes.

I didn't know what to do so I ran out and called, "Anyone, please! She woke up!" I was aware that they know who I was talking about. Heck, the news spread like a virus over the internet.

A couple of nurses came in and so did I. They started doing check-ups on her again, asking her how she feels, though she just gave them a frightened and a panicked look. Not a moment later, the same doctor came in and dismissed the nurses. Only three of us was in the room now, Marika stared wide-eyed at the wires and bandages on her, she looks so scared.

"Hello, how are you feeling?" The doctor started.

"W-What?" Marika looked like she was gonna cry, her voice shook as she replied.

"Ah, you were involved in a car accident. You were unconscious for seven days . . ." The doctor informed.

Marika slowly sat up, eyes wide with shock. Her hand shook as she reached to touch the bandage on her head, she looked up at us, tears forming on the corners of her eyes, "W-Who am I?"

My jaw dropped in disbelief, I looked at the doctor who looked surprised for a moment before composing himself again, he looked at me with worry in his eyes, "I was afraid this would happen . . ." The doctor mumbled.

"What are you saying?" I said through clenched teeth.

He ignored my question and turned to Marika, "Ma'am, do you remember who you are or anything at all?" He gently asked, not wanting to scare her even more. Marika started to shake, she slowly shook her head at him. There was a long pause, the doctor seemed genuinely worried before he gave her an reassuring smile and turning back to me.