Chapter 14. First Kiss

NOTE FROM THE FUTURE: THE FIRST 16 CHAPTERS OF THIS STORY WON'T MAKE SENSE BECAUSE THEY WERE TOO YOUNG FOR THE THINGS THAT HAPPENED AND IT MAKES THE PLOT LOOK IDIOTIC. BUT I CAN PROMISE YOU THIS; IT GETS A WHOLE LOT BETTER WHEN YOU REACH CHAPTER 17 BECAUSE REASONS XD

Marika's POV

We've been rehearsing for several weeks, this is the last day already . . . and we're gonna be practicing the last part.

I gulped nervously as I know what's gonna happen . . . the last part includes the kiss.
I keep fidgeting and walking around to calm myself as everyone reads their script. I'm so nervous! and seeing Jeff looking so hot in his costume is definitely not helping!

"Okay! Get in your positions." Teacher ordered, what's his name again?

We scurried to our spot and proceed with the talking and interacting. It was the part where I lay on the coffin and pretend to be lifeless as Jeff, a.k.a. the prince finds me and kiss me to bring me back to life.

Cheezy, huh?

I think it's romantic. A kiss from the person you love to bring you back to life. In reality, it's really different but it can somehow be true. You know how a broken heart an make us feel lifeless and the only thing to make us feel alive again is the love of the person we treasure.

Oh shit, I heard footsteps come closer as my eyes were closed. Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, oh shit.

I felt presence beside me and I feel warm breathe closing in on me.

"They can't kiss, they're brothers and sisters!" Someone yelled which made the two of us stop.

"Be quiet, Kevin!" I heard Kathleen giggle excitedly.

"Just pretend! Don't make it obvious though!" Our teacher shouted in frustration.

We resumed and I got nervous again since Jeff was leaning closer to me and I have no idea how close since my eyes are shut close.

I felt his lips on my cheek and he pulled away. It's my cue, I slowly fluttered my eyes open and acted like I woken up from a sleep, Jeff helped me stand up as the . . . 'dwarves' cheered as we embraced. Damn, I feel heat rising to my face.

"Cut! That was amazing!" Teacher complimented.

"Thanks Mr. Tompkins." Jeff let go of me as he said in a dull voice.

"Okay! I just want the main characters, Marika, Jeff, Kathleen and the dwarves to keep practicing their line for the show tomorrow!" He cheered. So his name's Mr. Tompkins . . .

". . . And Kevin, don't distract them. You're a tree, you're not supposed to speak." He added.

I heard Jeff snicker beside me. Yeah . . . Kevin got the role of a tree. Poor Kevin . . .

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

Jeff and I were walking home side by side, the night was just so peaceful so we decided to take a long walk home. Dammit, I want to hold his hands . . .

"Today was . . .fun?" Jeff started.

"Yeah, haha . . ." I laughed awkwardly, The rehearsal was embarrassing.

"You were red as a cherry when we rehearsed." He chuckled as I blush.

"Shut up, w-who wouldn't be embarrassed?" I averted my gaze.

"Haha, whatever. Let's get something to eat." He grinned

"What? Now?" I gave him a look.

"Yeah, just the two of us."