Chapter 52. Monster

『Multimedia Picture』

Two Days Later . . .

'It has been strangely quiet for the past two nights. No murders or attacks reported. What could the killer be planning and when will he strike next? Could this be the end of the senseless homicides?'

I sat in the living room in absolute boredom, I haven't left the house for two days and all I could do was watch the TV. I glanced at the clock to see that it was midnight, maybe I should just sleep . . .

Jeff walked into the living room and sat down beside me with a yawn. His wounds were starting to show improvement in healing and he's somehow back to his usual self . . . I think. Jeff was unexpectedly obedient these past days, it kinda freaks me out but I don't hate it.

"I am bored." Jeff muttered before grabbing the couch pillow and hitting my face with it, causing me to yelp in surprise.

I briskly took the pillow from him and hit him back with it, "Is that why you're picking on me!?"

He shrugged, "Maybe." He mumbled. I rolled my eyes and focused on the television but I could hardly do so because of Jeff groaning and sighing beside me. Jeff suddenly stood up, "I'm going outside." He stated.

"What?" I turned to him, "Where are you even gonna go?"

"Anywhere is better than being stuck in here." He grumbled.

"Hmm . . ." Maybe going out isn't a bad idea, it's pretty late but what the heck, it's so boring here. At least Jeff won't have to worry about people seeing him. Come to think of it, I wonder why he doesn't want anybody to see him, maybe I'll ask him when I have the chance, it's kind of suspicious, "I wanna go too." I informed, "Let me get my jacket."

I sprinted upstairs and headed to my room. I think my foot is finally healed, it doesn't hurt anymore when I run or use it, I hope that's the case. I grabbed a thick jacket from the closet and ran downstairs to see Jeff waiting for me by the stairs.

"Hurry up." Jeff muttered and headed towards the back, why does he always use the back door?

I rushed to the kitchen and grabbed the key before leaving through the back door, i made sure that I locked the door before following Jeff, "Where are we going?" I eagerly asked.

"I really don't know." He shrugged.

"Oh . . . Isn't there a park somewhere around here?" I suggested, "Wanna go there?"

"Mmm, fine, whatever." Jeff nonchalantly replied and started heading towards the place while I followed him.

Several minutes later of trudging in the freezing weather, we reached a small, deserted playground. I walk towards the swing and sat on it while Jeff sat on the one beside me as I stared at nothing in particular, now what?

"You cold?" I asked since he was only wearing his hoodie, I tried to make him wear my husband's clothes yesterday but he wouldn't wear them for some reason.

"I'm fine, you should worry about yourself more." He sighed.

"Yeah, well, I'm not cold." I replied and started swinging, "Hey, you should try this, it's fun." I giggled.

"You're a 25 year old woman yet you act like a 10 year old kid." Jeff said with a hint of amusement in his voice.

"So? It's better than living a dull and colorless life." I laughed but came to a halt, "Wait, I'm 25?" I asked.

"I think so." Jeff replied and started swinging like me.

I shrugged and started to swing as well. I don't even know my age, there are probably a lot of other things I don't know about myself, "Hey Jeff, what are some things I like? Hobbies, interests, you know, stuff like that." I asked.