Chapter 61. Questions Unanswered

The man stopped just a few steps away from us, his emotionless eyes lingered on me for a moment before they landed on Jeff, I could see the anger in his eyes as he glared at him.

"Surprise, Jeff!" The woman broke the suffocating silence, "I bet this is the last thing you expected." She added.

"H-How . . ." Jeff muttered as he stared at the man. I had no idea what was going on, everything just happened too fast. Furthermore, the name 'Jane' rings a bell but I couldn't tell who exactly is she and the man looked strangely familiar, he reminded me of someone . . . but I know it's just not possible.

Yet the longer I look at the man, the more I doubt if it's impossible. He looks so much like him, but how? He's dead, I saw it with my own eyes. Even if he lived, why wasn't I told? They told me he's dead, that he was gone forever. How am I suppose to believe what I'm seeing if all this time, I thought he's gone along with mom and dad.

It can't be him.

The man took a knife out of his back pocket, I noticed a gold cross dangling from a necklace chain that was wrapped on his wrist as he walked closer to us. I tightly held Jeff's hand as the man firmly gripped the knife.

"Liu." The woman stopped him, "Don't forget our deal." She hissed.

Deal?

The man paused before loosening his grip on the knife but his glare on Jeff never faltered. I saw him grip the cross in his hands as he lowered the knife.

"L-Liu?" I unintentionally called out as I stared at him. He gave me a quick glance before turning away from me.

No way . . . It's really him. After all these years, he's alive all along, but how? None of the police or authorities said anything about him surviving, they told me he was dead! That's what they said when they fucking told me where they were buried!

"My . . ." I heard 'Jane' mumble to herself, "Does she knows you too?" She asked while walking towards us, Jeff stiffened and looked alarmed the closer she got, "Come to think of it, she does look familiar." She nodded as she studied me.

"Back off." Jeff spat.

In one quick movement, she grabbed my arm and tugged me away from Jeff, she had my arm pinned on my back with her knife on my throat, "Don't provoke me, Jeff."

My eyes were wide with shock but I didn't dare to struggle because the sharp blade was slowly digging into my flesh, I could feel a tint of blood oozing down my neck the longer she presses the knife on my throat. Who the hell is she!? Why is she doing this!?

"Let her go, you bi-!"

"Don't hurt her." Liu said in a low voice before Jeff could finish his words. Jeff looked taken aback as his gaze fell on Liu.

Jane paused and ever so slightly tilted her head at Liu, "You know her, don't you?" She muttered before lowering the knife and roughly shoving me towards Jeff who caught me, "Care to explain?" She crossed her arms and turned to face Liu.

". . . She's my sister." Liu looked down.

The moment he said that, Jane froze as if not believing what she heard. I couldn't see her face but I'm sure it was the look of surprise, "Sister . . ?" She glanced at me, "Then, that means she's also Jeff's . . ." She trailed off, "Oh! That explains everything."

Who the hell is she? She seems to know about us yet I don't remember her at all.

"That also explains why they're shacking up," she walked closer to us, "I know what's up with you two, I've seen it myself on the very day we met." She mumbled, almost like a whisper, "What a lovely sin you're committing."