Chapter 25. Snowy Forest

Marika's POV

I suddenly hit my head on the window because of the bumpy road, I yawned and opened my eyes in a daze. I looked around, I was still in the Johnson's car, I noticed Billy glaring at me. Seriously, what the fuck is his deal? I didn't do anything to him. I also noticed Mrs. Johnson who's asleep.

I glanced at my phone, it's 6 in the morning, if I remember correctly, I think we left the city when it's like 1 p.m. That makes it . . . 17 hours of car trip!? And I was asleep the whole time!?

"Did you get a good rest?" Mr. Johnson, I mean uncle Robert suddenly asked. Heh, calling him 'uncle' is freakin weird but it's my way of showing respect.

"Y-Yes." I simply replied followed by a cough, Dang, my throat hurts like hell. He then slowed the car down for a bit to hand me a bottle of water and . . . Wait, is this medicine?

"Take it, it'll help you get well. Your voice is really hoarse."

Well, it really seems weird that he's so nice. I examined the pill before swallowing it and drinking from the water bottle. He flashed me a gentle smile from the rearview mirror before fixing his gaze on the road ahead.

"Um . . . Are we near yet?" I asked with a raspy voice.

"Yep, look around, we're surrounded by nature." He grinned as he glanced at the trees that's surrounding the road we're driving on. "We should arrive any minute now."

I nodded and leaned on the window to study the place. It's pretty cool actually, there are probably hundreds of trees! It's amazing, it's like the long road was surrounded by a forest and there's snow everywhere, it's simply beautiful.

Not long after being mesmerized by the sight, we seemed to drove by a few cabins and log houses, even a rundown bar and some kind of market? It's like the place in one of those movies, like a small town in the middle of nowhere. Cool . . .

Okay, not cool, we just passed by a drunken hobo and he flashed me the creepiest grin ever. Is this one of those places that's low on law enforcements and rules? 'cuz it's kinda unnerving.

I heard Billy snicker from beside me and I turned to look at him, "What?" I hissed.

"You look stupid." He replied with a snicker, he must be talking about the face I made when we passed by that drunk man. Ugh.

"Now, Billy, be nice." Uncle Robert warned him, I stuck my tongue out at him as he glared at me. Ha!

Robert kept on driving and I think we're a bit far from the little town now. Snow, snow everywhere! I'm not gonna lie, I love it. I always enjoyed playing in the snow with Jeff and Liu.

Jeff.

Liu.

Dang, I wanna go back home and stay with them, I miss them . . . ever since the whole incident at Billy's party, we obviously haven't spent any time with each other. It's kinda lonely, but whatever, christmas is coming soon, I hope Jeff will get better soon so we can all spend time together . . .

I better apologize to mom soon, but how? Call her? I'm getting nervous just by thinking about it! I mean what do I even say? I have never asked for forgiveness before. This is actually the first time I'm planning to do this.

My thoughts were stopped when Robert stopped the engine. Oh, I didn't even realize that were parked on the side of the road beside a huge tree. Were parked on the snowy dirt off of the road,

Robert woke Mrs. Johnson up and opened the car door and went out, letting in the freezing wind of the cold weather.

"Oh we're here." Mrs. Johnson yawned as Billy also left the car.