Chapter 27. Blizzard

Marika's POV

It's time to pack. Our one week stay here has ended, we'll be going back to our neighborhood and I can't express how happy I am, if we follow our schedule, we should be able to arrive home a day before christmas, Jeff would be released then.

I've been having sleepless nights ever since the howling of the wolves started, I just can't seem to calm down at night, it's really unnerving, stupid wolves! I think I'll just sleep during the trip to regain my energy.

I was already done packing considering I didn't bring much stuff in the first place. Billy, on the other hand, was having a hard time stuffing his things on the bag. He said he didn't need help so I didn't bother.

I swung my backpack on my shoulder and walked downstairs, I want to thank grandma Rose and grandpa Ben properly for letting me stay here. They're really kind people.

I walked to the kitchen and saw grandma Rose, washing the dishes while grandpa Ben was drinking coffee on the table.

"Hello." I greeted, they turned to me with a smile. "I want to thank you both for letting me stay here and for giving me a good time." I beamed.

"Come visit us again next time, lassie." Grandpa Ben grinned.

"It was good to know that Billy actually had a lady friend." Grandma Rose commented.

"Lady friend?" I questioned.

"Billy hates girls." Grandma Rose replied.

"Hates? Huh! He's afraid of 'em!" Grandpa Ben scoffed as he drank his coffee. Billy is afraid of girls?

"Why?" I asked, they both turned silent, their smiles slowly faded away.

"We're not quite sure . . . Maybe it's because ofー" Grandma Rose started mumbling things I couldn't understand.

"What?" I tilted my head in confusion.

"Oh! Nothing, dear." She smiled.

"Uh huh . . ." I slowly said as I studied her indistinguishable actions, "Well, thank you again." I shrugged and forgot the matter, they gave me a nod as I walked to the living room, I saw Billy sitting on the sofa next to the fireplace.

I debated whether to ask him about it or not. Should I? I'm curious but not that curious, Oh well, might as well give it a shot.

"Hey, Billy . . ." I started, he turned his attention to me. "I heard you're afraid of girls, why?" I bluntly asked.

"W-What? Excuse me?" He seemed offended by my question but at the same time, he's nervous.

"So . . ?" I urged him to answer. He stared at me for a while before replying.

"I'm not afraid of girls and it's none of your business." He averted his gaze.

"Alright, then." I replied, as I've said, I'm not that curious. Mr. and Mrs. Johnson got down right on cue while carrying their bags.

"Okay, are we ready to go?" Mrs. Johnson asked. Grandpa Ben and grandma Rose walked out of the kitchen and into the living room to say their goodbyes.

"We're stopping at the town for a while, maybe buy some souvenirs too." Robert added.

"Let's go, we packed everything." Billy sighed. Mrs. Johnson nodded and we all started to walk out the house.

I was surprised when we got out, the wind was blowing really hard and the falling snow were really thick, I can hardly see a thing!