Chapter 66. His Yesterdays

His screams rang through my ears as the blade pierced his abdomen, his blood splattered all over the bed and on my hoodie as his voice slowly died down while I mutilated his body. Soon, he was choking on his own blood. I couldn't tear my eyes off of what I had done, I was covered in blood.

I stared at the man, he was dead yet his eyes were open, staring back at me with the look of horror. My hands started to shake, I loosened my grip on the knife, causing it to fall.

I couldn't explain how I felt.

I'm frightened by my own doing, I feel inevitably disgusted, yet it all feels wonderful, I feel so powerful knowing how easy it was to take peoples' lives.

I hate it.

A penetrating shrill was heard. My gaze landed on a woman, standing outside of the room as she looked at the bloody corpse. Jane swiftly took out her own knife and revealed herself behind her, she wasted no second and slit her throat, ending another life.

"Good work for your first kill in a while, Jeff." She giggled, "Let's move on to the next house, their neighbors are bound to call the police by now."

"Fuck you!" I glared, "I did what you said and killed somebody, now tell me where she is!" I shouted.

Jane paused and stared before taking steps towards me, "I don't think you understand." She shook her head, "We don't stop unless I say so, you don't get to see her unless I say so and you won't know where she is unless I say so."

I swear I'd murder her now if I could, "Why are you doing this?" I spat.

"That's something I'm not supposed to tell you." She mumbled, amused, "Now, we better go." She headed towards the door. As soon as she spoke, police sirens were heard outside, "Well, what do you know? They're here."

I debated but still ended up following her to escape the police, I can't get caught now, not when Marika is still missing.

Wherever she is, I hope she's alright. I have to find her but I doubt Jane will tell me soon though I can't exactly get her out of the picture because she's the only way for me to find Marika again . . .

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

Marika's POV

I rubbed the ropes against the broken pieces of the chair. Hopefully, the sharp splinters sticking from it would cut the rope apart because it seriously hurts so damn much.

And Liu?

I haven't heard any movement outside, either he's really quiet or he isn't there at all. Whatever the case is, I have to move, I'm not sure what Jane and Liu wants but it's definitely not good. I think I have a pretty good idea of what Jane is going to do.

Liu . . . Even though he looked different from what I remembered and definitely more aggressive, for some reason, I wasn't afraid of him. He has a knife, and I doubt he would think twice if he had to kill me, but even so, I wasn't scared.

When I first saw him, I was obviously surprised and nervous . . . but honestly, after all that, I'm actually a little happy to see him.

It's weird. But everytime I look at him, I remember the Liu I knew, the fun one. He's always there, not just for me and Jeff, but everyone, he's the type of person that everyone loves because of his personality.

Seeing him right now in this state . . . Yes, I got scared a few times back but that's because I thought he was going to hurt me-which he didn't.