Chapter 51. Unexpected Visit

Jeff's POV

I groaned as I woke up, I move around, trying to figure out where I am. Then I realized how my arm felt numb, Marika was sleeping soundly in my arms, looking so peaceful. Figures, she has no idea that she's right in the hands of a murderer who has taken the lives of thousands of people before. How stupid of her to let her guard down, she shouldn't even be sleeping in the same room with any guy she barely knows. She's too innocent and trusting, which makes things easier for me.

I stared at her slumbering face, I reached a hand out and tucked a stray strand of her jet black hair behind her ear. She managed to keep me searching for her for thirteen years, I thought I did enough damage to her life to make her miserable but she has a strong will, as expected from someone with the same blood as mine. Who would've think someone with an experience like her could grow up properly and sane.

I shook my thoughts away, why am I even hugging her in my sleep? Feeling disgusted with myself, I sat upright, ignoring the sudden pain on my side. I pushed her away. Unfortunately for her, I pushed her a bit too forceful. Marika rolled off the bed and fell on the cold floor with a loud thump. That's gonna hurt but I couldn't care less. I've never slept beside anyone for years, old habits die hard.

She groaned as she sat up, she looked around and landed her eyes on me, "Did you just push me?" She asked with a displeased frown.

"No." I deadpanned and shook my head. She gave me a questioning look before she stood up.

"Whatever," She yawned, "How are you feeling?"

"Normal." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, okay. Do you-" Her voice was put to a stop when the doorbell rang, "Who's that?" She mumbled to herself, "I'll go see what it is." She muttered before storming out of the room without waiting for a reply. I noticed the clothes she wore were similar to the ones she used to wear when we were kids, it brings back unwanted memories.

I need to leave. I stood up from the bed but suddenly felt light-headed and my side started to hurt like fuck. I pulled my shirt upward to see the stab wound, I guess it is bigger than last time. I even noticed a few small cuts on my chest, the last guy I killed yesterday was clever, add that to me being injured, he put up a good fight but he died anyway.

This is unusual . . . Most of the time I get hurt, I don't feel a single thing. Now I can definitely feel the pain emanating from the wounds, it's almost as if I'm-

I'm becoming normal again.

This is getting serious. Back then, killing is the only thing in my mind, I don't get hurt, I could even get shot and still go on, I'm completely numb. I would go for nights without sleeping just to murder people but now . . . I'm starting to feel the sting from such a small cut.

"It was just the stove I bought being delivered-" Marika came walking up in the room but stopped as soon as she saw me, "What's the matter? You're frowning." She said with worry, "Does your wounds hurt?"

"It doesn't hurt at all." I said through gritted teeth. This is all her fault.

"Mmm hmm," She mumbled with a nod, "That's good, I just need to change your bandage again."

"I don't need it." I glared at her.

"This again?" She sighed, "You know you're not gonna win this." Marika said and walked out before I could protest.

She makes me so pissed, she thinks she can just do whatever she wants to me! I don't listen or obey anyone, I do what I want.

Marika came back with bandages and disinfectants, "Alright, take your hoodie and shirt off." She said as she walked towards me.