Epilogue

TIME SKIP 5 years later

Marika's POV

"Go To Sleep - Jeff The Killer"

The Night Glasgow Grin Carver, also known as "The Carver", "The Smile Ripper" or simply "The Killer". This homicidal maniac comes with many names, but people definitely knows who he is and what he does. A former victim and witness discovered that the killer goes by the name, "Jeff".

This murderer is known for leaving the message "Go To Sleep" in his victims' house, specifically written in blood on the walls. But that's not all, he carves a big and gruesome smile on every person he has killed, gaining the names. He is known to use a knife but the way he kills each person varies. He could kill an approximate of 3-15 people a night and has taken the lives of countless people. Jeff the killer barely shows up during the day and is most active at night, though there were a few events where he had killed in broad daylight, mostly happening at isolated and hidden areas in the city.

He is above all murderers. He is the worst criminal this world has encountered. For fourteen years, he's been terrorizing the US but not once has he been caught. Not much information is known because this heartless killer never leaves a soul unharmed, and if he ever does, he'll come back.

Though saying that was a bit inaccurate because Marika Evans, President of ____ industries, has been allegedly forced to hide said killer against her own will. After an interview with Evans, it was found out that the killer has been blackmailing her and used her house and power to hide from the police. She described the murderer with black hair, paper-white skin, burnt eyelids and of course, the infamous carved smile. She also mentioned that the killer was 'barely' over at her property but has no idea where the killer goes. Evans had helped the authorities gain information about the killer and is also the person to discover the killer's name.

Now, there has been a lot of versions of the event floating around, but this is what really happened; Evans was being suspected and debriefed at a police station by the detective who has aided her into solving the case, Detective Andrews. Evans nearly got slammed behind bars. But that was until the killer himself voluntarily barged inside the station, took Evans and ran out with her, and of course, he was threatening to kill her which is a great contradiction to what he was doing, this brought up a lot of confusion.

During their escape, they neared the city bridge and that's where Evans and the killer had a struggle. The killer ended up falling off the cliff and died. His clothing was found afterwards, confirming his death, supposedly of drowning. We honor Marika Evans, Detective William Andrews and former leader of the case, Detective Ace Myers-it is still unknown who had assaulted Myers.

People were a bit unsure at first but it has been five years since the incident and peace has been restored greatly.

Jeff the killer is gone.

I stood up from my chair and turned my laptop off. At least there's finally an article that is actually saying the truth. You wouldn't believe how many false articles I've read, some were too ridiculous and you'd wonder if the author had mental issues. One of them said that Jeff was a fucking vampire for only showing up at night, and the writer was serious too. One claimed that he is actually Jeff but he just isn't conscious during the whole ordeal and he explains it like sleep walking and my damn old neighbor said Jeff is his long lost son. Where the hell do these people even get the idea?

I just laugh it off everytime.

I carried my laptop and took my luggage from the bed. Smiling, I walk out of the room and gave it one last look, it will be a while since I come back here again.