Chapter 4

hi! i just wanted to say a massive thank you for reading this story! It means the world to me!

so here's chapter 4, it's a bit short i know and i'm really sorry about that but i really wanted to update ;(

it's also a bit of a filler chapter, nothing much happens but it's gonna be important for the rest of the story.

i also suggest you read this chapter really carefully, a lot happens in the conversations, thinks get revealed so yeah..

I LOVE YOu!

<3 Lynn

Chapter 4

-Harry-

‘Harry! For god’s sake wake up! you’re gonna be late!’ my mum yelled for what seemed the twelfth time. I was just so tired, had the worst night ever! I groaned and turned around in my bed burying my head deeper in my pillow.  I heard someone stuble up the stairs but I tried to ignore it. My door swung open and when I looked up, Liam, Zayn and Niall were standing there. ‘what the fuck are you guys doing here?!’ I yelled. ‘get up! we’re gonna be late for school! Nick is waiting in the car!’ Liam said and closed the door again after Niall stole my blanket.

I was about to throw my pillow to his head but he was already gone. ‘I’m gonna get you Niall! Wait for it!’ I yelled and finally stood up. I was too lazy to actually look at my clothes so I just grabbed them and got dressed. I quickly brushed my teeth and walked out of the room. I skipped downstairs and took a cookie before I kissed my mum goodbye and rushed out of my house. The lads were already sitting in the car but before I could climb in I heard a loud scream. I frowned and looked around to see where the scream came from.

‘Please stop!’ the voice yelled again. I got scared and jumped in the car as quick as I could. I’m such a coward! But I didn’t knew what to do! What would you do when you would hear someone screaming as loud as the guy did, yeah I know it was a guy. You would probably help them right? Well think again, if you were standing in my shoes you wouldn’t go and help them. You would run away and pretend nothing had happened. You would be a coward.

‘man, you look pale. What’s wrong?’ Liam asked suddenly. ‘n-nothing. Had a bad night, I’m just tired.’ I tried to smile but I failed. They all frowned at me but decided to leave it. good, I didn’t want to explain anyway I just hope nothing bad had happened to the guy.

We arrived at school in less than 5 minutes. ‘you really need to stop driving so fast, you’re going to kill us one day.’ Liam complained as we walked towards the gates. ‘stop it Liam, we would’ve been late if I didn’t drive o fast. Blame Harry! He was the one who decided to take a beauty sleep, which I think, didn’t work.’ Nick said back rolling his eyes. ‘hey! I’m standing right here you know?’ he just shrugged. ‘I know pretty boy.’ He winked and turned around again. ‘who stuck a stick in his arse?’ I asked Niall, he didn’t answer though. It was like he was thinking about something. ‘Niall?’ I asked shaking his shoulders a bit. Suddenly he stood still.  The others kept walking and left Niall and me behind.

‘Did you hear it?’ he suddenly asked looking me straight in the eyes. ‘heard what? What are you talking about?’ I was confused. ‘that scream! I recognized it, I heard it before!’ Niall said, I noticed he was freaking out. ‘yeah I heard it too, but don’t think about it Ni.’ “Don’t think about it?! are you serious right now? He could be dead Harry!’ he screamed in my face. I took a step back and frowned at him. ‘from where did you recognize the scream?’ I asked, I wasn’t sure if I wanted to know the answer though. ‘it was… nevermind.’ He shook his head and started to walk away.

I grabbed his arm and turned him around. He had tears in his eyes. ‘Niall. Please tell me.’ He shook his head wildly. ‘no, I’m wrong.’ He whispered. ‘what if you aren’t maybe we can help him!’ maybe we could? ‘if you knew you wouldn’t help me, believe me.’ He whispered looking at his shoes. I was tired of his behavior and shook him. ‘stop this Niall! Just tell me!’ I snapped. ‘Louis! The last time I heard a scream like that was when Louis screamed and he was getting beaten by us!’ he yelled, he pushed me away and disappeared in the school building.

I stood frozen in my tracks. I brought back that memory…

*flashback*

We all had a bad day, Niall, Zayn, Liam, Nick and me. Louis was just our victim, like he always was, but this time we were getting nuts. Zayn and Nick grabbed Louis from behind, he was just pushing his stuff in his locker when the grabbed him and pulled him away. They pulled him towards the back of the building where nobody was. that’s where we started to punch him, kick him, spit on him. we were never this bad, we were all just so angry. None of us stopped. Suddenly everything went so fast. ‘STOP! PLEASE!’ Louis screamed louder than ever. He was shocked, didn’t think twice and kicked Louis in his face. Louis immediately fainted but we didn’t stop after Liam  realized what we just did.

‘guys…guys!...GUYS! STOP!’ he yelled and stepped back covering his mouth wide both hands. Then we all realized it and as stupid we were we all started to run. Different directions, not knowing where the other went. The next day we met each other one hour before school started. We decided we never would talk about it again, we would pretend nothing had happened and we would never beat Louis up like that. Never again. It took Louis a week to recover and when he came back, he was totally different. His eyes were duller than normal, he skin was paler, he wouldn’t look at us, he didn’t say a word…he changed and it was our fault.

*end of flashback*

Niall was right, the scream was Louis’ scream. But why was he screaming, what happened? I felt my heart pounding in my chest. Why was I so worried about him? I didn’t care about him! or did i?....