Prologue

The stars were brighter than anything the world has ever seen. They were so big and bright that they didn't seem to be actual stars. They were probably a sham, or the moon decided to be generous. Her yellowish teeth became visible as a grin spread over her face, remembering her mother's words so many years ago.

"Honey, do you know where the stars come from?"

"From the galaxy gods?" The little version of Saturn whispered.

The older lady chuckled, and shook her head, "No, they are bits from the moon, and every night the moon gives out pieces throughout the sky. If the stars are small it means that the moon was feeling selfish that night, or if the stars are big it means the moon was feeling generous."

Out of the many stories and legends, her mother told her, this one was always in her mind. The stars were always there, reminding her of her long gone mother. Her deep blue eyes glowed. Her dark brown hair twirled around her shoulders, it's white stripes could easily be mistaken for shooting stars. The pellucid sound of a bird calling in the night made her shiver. The bird called again, and she swore she heard it say "Saturn!" Her eyes swept around her, wondering if her daily antagonizers were here to tease her relentlessly. There was not a single soul in sight, meaning that she had officially gone crazy just like her mother or the bird was actually calling her. She stood up, and let her eyes sweep over the desolate land around her once again, hoping to find someone there trying to prank her, but to her dismay, there was once again, nobody. She stepped forward, and then the next thing she knew she was rushing, almost flying, through the lingering and scratchy grass. Her feet carried her through the plain, and wound around the bushes with ease.

Her heart fluttered as her name was called again, but it didn't sound like a bird. She paused and took in her unknown surroundings, how far had she run in the last minute or two? She took another tentative step forward. Then she saw a bright green light, coming from a large and grand looking bush. Its gold and red colors reminding her of the royal family she had seen pass by so many times. Prince Seb's golden eyes gleaming as he rode on an elegant white horse, and almost every time he passed Saturn's town, he would have a different girl at his side.

"Sattturrrn!" The voice called again, breaking her out of her ranting reverie, "Coommee tooo meee!" The girl was shocked to find that it was the green light that was talking. Were all her mother's crazy talks true? She hoped they were and she wasn't going delusional. She ignored the edgy feeling deep down in the pits of her broken soul and walked forward. Saturn knelt down in front of the bush, and reached inside, and her hands grasped a thick leather, rounded rectangle shape.

Then a shadow soared up in front of her, horns protruding from its apparent head, and wings spreading out, swallowing the sky. Her scream echoed into the world, but there seemed to be an earsplitting white-noise that took over all the sounds around her, and before she knew it, she had fallen back, knocked unconscious by the fear of silence that seized her.

Sedatephobia: Fear of silence

Picture above is the shadow! And I guess this is the official start of Saturn, so I hope you enjoy!