Myla:Glossophobia

The waves clashed with the white sandy shore. The dark waters churned with frothing white crests. Her eyes closed, a deep and long sigh escaping her pale lips. How had it come to this?

"Myla?" A male voice called from behind her.

She didn't turn around, she just continued to watch the ocean play. Tears were slowly and silently slipping down her cheeks, tracking rigid lines through the dust settled on her pale face.

"I know you're upset," he started, but she waved her hand, angrily cutting him off.

"Why?" She whispered, "why me? I'm still so young, I should still be alive!"

The place for the dead was nothing like she imagined. She expected it to be more... flourished. But instead, it was just like her home. There were forests, deserts, lakes, plains, mountains, and beaches. She sank down to her knees, covering her face with his small hands, tears slipping from her eyes.

"Why me!" She sobbed, shaking her head, "why can't I just live a normal life like every other teen?!"

She found out she died on her eighteenth party, while most teens would've been partying with friends, she was having her own funeral and getting sent to Anapafsis Thesi. Ken walked up behind her, and kneeled down behind her, wrapping his arms around her and bring her into his chest. He buried his nose in her hair, and she could feel wet droplets seeping into her hair as he cried with her.

She let loose, tears falling down and sobs shaking her whole body.

"I just... I just want to see them one more time!" She cried, "just once in person."

She knew Saturn and Skye were probably now a couple, and she might be third-wheeled. But she wanted to see them, no, she needed to see them. She felt that if she didn't she would fall apart.

"I miss them so much," she murmured, resting her head on Ken's shoulder. He sighed, and she knew the sigh as; "I'm not supposed to do this, but I'm going to be nice."

"I can get you there, but for just an hour."

---

She landed on the ground, and a smile creased over her face. The long and itchy grass scratched at her ankles and shins, but she didn't mind. Laughter bubbled from her chest, and she threw her arms out and spun around in a circle.

"Myla?" Someone whispered, and she turned her head. Saturn stood there, her eyes wide with surprise, and jaw nearly scraping the floor. Myla smirked and ran towards her old friend, wrapping her arms around her neck tightly.

"I'm here for just an hour," she said, and held Saturn at arm's length, studying her with a scrutinizing look. She chuckled at Saturn's flushed face.

"I- I can't believe it! How is Anapafsis Thesi?" Saturn cried, laughing with her.

"It's... nice I guess you could say. It's just like home, my favorite place is the beach, it's peaceful and quiet, and I just..." She trailed off, and realization hit her, she did love Anapafsis Thesi!

"It's just amazing," she murmured, and then looked up, "how are you and Skye?"

"Well, we're good, Skye seems to always be working, but I'm fine with it. He's the gentleman."

"That's great," Myla said.

She was so glad to see them again.