Chapter 4- Scopophobia: Fear of Attention

Chapter 4- Scopophobia:Fear of Attention

The guards came, their eyes sweeping over me hesitantly. I didn't know why they were so scared, but apparently I was a very scary creature that shouldn't be roaming the earth unwatched. I eyed the cuffs they put on me, they seemed like something that would be easy to break, but since my arms were inadequate for breaking cuffs, I probably wouldn't be able to.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked sharply.

"For a showing with the King, Prince, and Queen," One said. I couldn't tell which one said it since they both looked exactly the same and I swore neither one of their mouths' moved. I stayed quiet and let them drag me to the throne room. I looked at the art pictures as we walked down the hallway, and I felt my breath hitch when I recognized one picture was of my mom, with her dark brown hair curling around her shoulders in an elegant way. I tore my gaze away as quickly as possible, and looked at the golden embroidered doors we were approaching. I pursed my lips as two risible looking guards opened the huge oak wood doors. I snorted and casually looked away as one shot a sharp glare my direction. The guards who were holding onto my arms, threw me to the ground like I was a rag doll, and I practically slid across the floor.

You should let me hex them, Birdy chirped.

Hex them? I demanded angrily, what are you talking about?

Oh...you know....

Actually, I don't, why don't you enlighten me?

I was greeted by silent, I mumbled wuss silently under my breath. I glanced up, and saw all three of the royals gazing down at me, the King scratching the scruff on his chin, the Queen frowning at me while she twisted the ring on her finger, and Prince Seb smirking like an idiot at me. I stuck my tongue out at him, and I'm pretty sure I heard one of the guards give a very girly gasp from behind me. I smirked in satisfaction at Seb's reaction, shock spreading over his face just like Nutella would over hot English muffins.

"Miss...?" King Jento asked, clearly not caring about the way I treated his son.

"Saturn Zero Detaze," I said, recompense clear across my face as I flicked my eyes over his hard face, watching for a reaction to my bluntness. I heard him suck in a sharp breath, and then he shook his head.

"And your mother is Sailor Detaze?" He questioned again.

"You should know," I stated, my eyes scanning the weird swirls and inscription of gold on the ceiling.

"When you are talking to Royalty, it is demanded you look at them!" A nasally feminine voice snapped, and I snorted, purposefully making my eyes trail around this room. Wow, she even had one of those annoying "I'm important!" voices. I rolled my eyes, and looked back at them, flickering my eyes back and forth between the three of them.

"So, how can you talk Greek?" The King demanded.

I blinked, um... I don't know?

I shrugged, "Oh, ya know..."

"Did someone teach you?" He demanded.

That could work!

"Nope," I said, "I just somehow understood what Princey and his guard were saying, and decided to join the conversation."

"Afto einai adynato!" The King shrieked, sounding like a little girl. That's impossible!

"Einai den!" I shouted back, Is not.

"Ochi enas alla o vasil-"

"Echo idi akousei to!" I interrupted, "molis omologo to! Ego eimai o proion tou o ypothesi metaxy eseis kai mou mitera!" I've already heard it! Just admit it, I'm the product of the affair between you and my mother!