Chapter 36-Sedatephobia: Fear of Silence

I turned my head and from the corner of my eyes saw seven men and women standing there. Immediately I was on my feet, and then bowing completely unsure of what to do. Skye followed my pursuit, watching them with a small smile.

"You're the Seven Stars?" I asked, my eyes widening.

"Yes," the woman from one of my dreams, said, "I am Aggie. I thank you so much for assisting Myla to help take care of Chalicsha."

"Of course," I murmured, laughing awkwardly as I dipped my head.

Another man stepped forward, "I am Ken. Myla has always been dear to me, I'm sad she's dead, but she did good."

I smiled widely at them, nodding.

"We thank you," they all said in unison, and with a brilliant flash of light, disappeared.

"HEY WAIT!" I shouted, "I HAVE A QUESTION!!!"

Only one came back, her blonde hair curling down to her breasts. A thin smile covered her pale face.

"You want to know if we can bring back your friends, yes?" She asked, a Japanese tint in her voice.

"Yes, it would be nice if you could," I murmured, twiddling my thumbs. She shook her head and a sigh escaped her lips.

"I am Volos, star of the planet Diavolos, and death, misfortune, and fire. I cannot bring your friends back, for it would rip so many holes in the sheets of reality. I wish I could, but destroying the worlds is not what I wish to do," she murmured, and with a puff of black smoke, disappeared. I groaned, and sighed. My eyes studied the green grass, and I crossed my arms.

"There's no getting over heartbreak. You just deal with it."

Those were an old friend of mine's words after my mother died. Yes, they would always be in my head, making my head and heart ache, but I would soon learn to deal with it. I sighed, plus there was something better to do.

I turned to Skye, my eyes searching his, and then I yanked him into a hug.

"I'm so glad you're still alive," I murmured.

"Aw, now is Ms. Saturn getting all mushy gushy?" He laughed, pushing me away and holding me at arm's length.

"Shut up," I grumbled, and grabbed him by the collar and pulling him to me, smashing my lips on his.

He paused for a second, not kissing me back before his arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me up against his chest. I smiled into the kiss, and pulled away, my hands cupping both of his cheeks as I looked up at him.

"Skye?" I whispered, looking up at him.

"Yeah?" He whispered back, leaning forward so out noses brushed.

"Would it be too fast if I told you I think I already love you?" I asked, tilting my head. His fingers ran through my hair.

"I'm not sure if I like the 'I think' part," he chuckled. I laughed and squeezed him tightly as I hugged him. He grunted, pain constricting over his features. I pulled away, immediately feeling worried as I looked him up and down.

"What's wrong?" I asked quickly, brushing his hair out of his eyes.

I looked down at his abdomen, where his arms were covering. My eyes widened when I saw blood seeping out from under his arms. He fell on his knees, groaning as blood continued to pour out. I knelt down beside him, and moved his arms, examining the wound. I pressed my hands tightly against it, trying to stop the blood from escaping. I closed my eyes, trying to focus on my healing magic, but my mind was a jumbled mess of exhaustion and worry that I couldn't focus.

"Oh, Seven Stars!" I sobbed, "please no!"

My eyes looked up to the night sky, and I continued to press down hard on the wound. Couldn't one of them help me?

"Child, why do you worry so much?" A male voice asked behind me. I turned around and my brain completely turned to mush. It was Dakor, in all of his glorious dark mysteriousness.

"Is he going to be okay?" I queried, looking at him. He nodded, and shoved me out of the way, scooping Skye into his arms and walking away, "hey! Where do you think you're going?!"

I chased after him as he swiftly marched through the forest, dodging branches and leaves in his way. I was able to catch up to him and struggled to walk beside him. I didn't talk, I just watched Skye as he groaned and convulsed in pain. When we finally made it out of the forest, he set Skye down and placed his hands over his head.

Dakor mumbled some incarnation that I couldn't recognize, and I watched as a purple light surrounded Skye. It twirled towards the wound and pierced inside of it. Skye shouted, his hand lashing out on instinct.

"You're hurting him even more! Please stop," I cried, reaching out and trying to stop him from dealing any more damage. He shoved me away with ease and grunted.

"No," He muttered, "I'm healing him you imbecile."

After that, Dakor disappeared with a bursting flourish, and Skye grunted, feeling at his now-healed wound. I leaned forward and then smile. He was okay.

"You're okay," I breathed.

"How did you manage to heal me?" He mumbled, "you're way too exhausted to be able to do this."

I smiled, deciding to keep this to myself. I hugged him and pressed a small kiss to his cheek. As long as he lived, I knew I would be perfectly fine. I ran my fingers through his tangled hair and stared up at the stars. And so, the two of us lay there for hours upon hours, gazing at the beautiful stars that scorched the sky.

And They Lived Happily Enough...

the end