Chapter 1=Autophobia: Fear of Loneliness

How many times a day do you find yourself curled up in a ball in the corner, sobbing because of how lonely you are, and unknown you are to the world? For me, it feels like a good ten minutes of every hour in the daylight

How many times a day do you find yourself curled up in a ball in the corner, sobbing because of how lonely you are, and unknown you are to the world? For me, it feels like a good ten minutes of every hour in the daylight. At night... it's hard to tell because I'm so caught up in my sinister nightmares. So everyday I cry for about a good two hours, and waste what could have been good time for exploring the world around me, or angrily shouting at the Prince every time he passed. Then losing a couple hours of the day by getting taken away by his guards, only for when he finally realizes he has a prisoner, he waves an arm and tells his guards to take me back. Of course, he doesn't tell them to take me back immediately, so what does that mean? It means that they will sexually assault me, before taking me back to town, and dumping me in a lonely alley, where no one will hear my sobs. Right now, I was currently curled up in the corner again, sobbing about how crappy my life is.

Saturn, the forever annoying voice in my head warned, stop whining like a wolf pup who just got abandoned by his mother! Get your fat a__ up and get some food, you're already suffering from malnourish! Then the voice muttered quietly in the back of my head, why did a weakling have to save me from that book?!

"You know," I said out loud, my crappy life completely forgotten, "Maybe you could explain to me who you are, why you magically appeared in my head about seven months ago, and me saving you from a book. I most definitely don't ever remember saving anyone from a book. Plus how bad can books be, I me-"

Right now isn't the time, Saturn, the very familiar and bird like voice scolded in my head.

"You tell me that all the time!" I whined.

I'll tell you tonight.

I knew how delusional I sounded, but it was true, this voice had suddenly appeared in my head about four months ago after I woke up in a field, with a journal clutched tightly in my arms. I didn't know where the journal came from, but I knew one thing: the journal was a life or death situation and I couldn't lose it. I stood up and I almost fell down due to my weak and emaciated legs. I walked out of my small house, which didn't even count as house with the lack of two rooms and no furniture. I spent my days stealing from open windows with cooling pies and booths full of goodies. I stepped delicately around a group of kids, I may have a small ruthless attitude, but children were not on my list of: "I hope you die soon and painfully." Well, as long as they weren't unnaturally vexing.

I walked towards a new booth, a young lady stood there, thousands of rings clinging to her bony fingers like they were a life line, and jewelry hanging around her pale neck. She had a wide assortment of stuff: food, jewelry, cloths, and pots. I pretended to be interested in all she had to sell, though my eyes were only on the peaches that stood there looking like something dropped from the tree of heaven. I ran my hand over a rough red vase, and picked it up. Out of the corner of my eye I could see her grin at me.

"That vase is one of a kind," She said, running a hand through her blonde hair. I nodded, and smiled, then set it down. I have horrible sensory problems with rough or dusty feeling stuff like that.

"I've never seen you before," I commented as I continued to be interested in her cloths and pots.

"I'm new in town, heard you guys see the Prince daily. The name is Zi, and I guess you could call me a nomad," She explained with a shrug, stretching her arms out, and turning her palms up to the pale bluish-gray sky.

"My name is Saturn," I told her, and blabbed some lies, while I let my hand roll over the peaches that seemed to be calling to me. Zi started talking about something I couldn't give two s__ts about, and while she was completely distracted by something in her hands, I snatched two peaches, shoved them in my bra, and casually walked away. I rushed through the light throng of people in the streets, and turned onto the main road. I glanced down the road to see Prince Seb riding down the road, his white horse tossing its head as it cantered across the unyielding brick road. For once, there was no girl with him and only one guard. Thank god, it was his personal guard, the one who could care less about a girl with Polish-accented threats. The guard, or as I liked to call him, Mister Spectacles, walked leisurely in front of the all royal prince. As they got closer, and my pride refused to let me kneel, his gray eyes slitted at me.

"Kneel in the eyes of royalty!" He hissed, snappy his stubby and grimy fingers. I raised my chin at him defiantly, and narrowed my dark blue eyes, crossing my arms over my nearly flat chest. Mister Spectacles reached for his sword, but Prince Seb restrained him with one harsh word that I had never heard before, but I understood it somehow.

"Ochi!" And my brain translated it into 'no!' I frowned, I had never heard that before, how did I know what it meant?

Who knows, maybe you're smarter than what you take yourself for?

I frowned slightly, and watched the guard warily, and let my eyes wander towards the Prince, as he continued to speak harsh words toward his guard.

"O anakoinosi einai perissotero simantiko!" Which immediately translated in my head for "the announcement is more important!'Being the idiotic human being I was, I opened my big mouth.

"What announcement?" I slapped myself internally somehow once I saw their expression of horror that they shared. Mister Spectacles and Mister Bow-To-Me-Or-Die's mouths dropped open, and their eyes shared similar reflections of wonder.

Great, you just got us killed, the bird-like voice rasped sarcastically, making me wince at the scraping sound. I was such a dunce, why did I always do that? Say something I knew would get me in trouble if I said it. I slowly started to turn around, signaling that I was going to leave, but the guard's rough hand grabbed my left shoulder, roughly yanking me back.

"How'd you know that?!" He demanded, "That language is long forgotten!"

Really? I thought, because if I'm correct you were just talking it.

As if reading my mind, he shook me and said: "Only the royal family and some guards know that language!"

When I didn't respond, he seemed to take that as the cue to take me prisoner. I tried to pull away, but he put my cuffs on, and I knew I wasn't getting out of this one, because the guards had never been this captive with me. I tried to get out of his robust grip, but there was no use, he was like a walking tank and I was just a malnourished twig. He started pulling me along with him, and he forced me to attempt walking backwards. I didn't last for a full five seconds, before my legs gave up on this quick speed, and I slowly slid onto my butt. He continued dragging me, dirt and grime rubbing up and getting stuck to my pale legs. I felt my pride and ego deflate when I saw the townspeople gathering, watching some unknown delinquent get dragged away. So, my pride did the most logical thing, and took over. Which wasn't good.

"Afino pao tou mou eseis ilithios!" I cursed in whatever language the Prince was speaking earlier. Let go of me you imbecile!

I love Saturn! I also love this book! Sounds conceited? I don't care

I love Saturn! I also love this book! Sounds conceited? I don't care. Also, the language is Greek. Also those are her eyes after what mysteriously happened seven months ago.

Luna!