Chapter 35-Glossophobia: Fear of Speeches

Back to Saturn...

I fell hard onto the strange silver line. My eyes widened, and glanced at Skye, he seemed just as shocked as I. I gasped and followed the line to Myla, she stood there in the sky, one leg bent and her wings brazing the sky. A fire burned in her eyes, and I turned to see Chalicsha tied up in the power line. I sneered at her, and she noticed me, and angrily writhed in her bounds, scowling at me.

"Sucker," I hissed under my breath, and then turned back to Myla. My eyes widened in shock as I recognized my journal clutched in her hands. She was grinning down at the demon, knowing something none of us did.

"Today, I end your legacy that sets fear in everyone's hearts!" She cried, throwing open the journal. A white light shot out, curling with blue and gray. My eyes widened as the beacon spread further out. Myla flipped several pages, until she stopped with a triumphant look clouding her face.

As Myla opened her mouth, and pressed her index finger on the page, Chalicsha cried out.

"Please, don't do this! You don't know what you're doing," she snapped, glaring at the gift from the Stars. Myla looked up, looking bored as she frowned at Birdy.

"You just don't want me to do this because it will destroy you and everything you thought you built," Myla snorted, coming closer towards the demon. I had a bad feeling in my gut, and on instinct my hand lashed out, launching a yellow beam. Myla bounced back, shocked, but that wasn't the reason I had done that.

Chalicsha screeched as her hand, that had managed to break free, disintegrated. The black tendrils backed away, suddenly not feeling as courageous as they had before. Myla nodded towards me in thanks, before turning back to the demon that had started this.

"Goodbye," she murmured, her eyes fluttering down to the page. She held out her hand, a silver light protruding from it, and absorbing the book.

"I, Myla Thea Tonay, Gift from the Seven gods, banish you, Chalicsha Hel Blair, to the deepest and darkest parts of the world. I call upon all the lovely gods and goddesses to rip away and shred your disgracing soul. I pray for all the worlds to be healed of what you have done to them. May your body and legacy be ripped apart piece by piece by the beacon of light," she shouted out the words, and they echoed across the empty forest. Chalicsha screamed and sobbed, crouching over in her bonds as several lights shot towards her.

I gasped as a black transparent figure was yanked from Chalicsha and wisped away. Light swirled around it, dragging it far away, and then suddenly all of it disappeared. I smiled, and turned back to Myla who was continuously flipping pages, her eyes frantically looking over them. She stopped, and held her hand up to the sky, the silver line following her, and shooting into the sky. Me and Skye fell into the ground, but continued to watch, mesmerized by this.

"And now, I restore the lost and forgotten planet, Agapi!" She cried out. Skye stood up, horror lashing across his face.

"NO MYLA!" He shrieked, "DON'T DO IT!"

"What?" I asked as I stood up beside me, clinging onto his arm as he gazed into the air.

"That spell-bringing back a planet or creating one... it was set into that banished book for a reason! It's never been accomplished and those who have attempted it, have died!" He whispered hoarsely. I clung tighter to him, tears filling my gaze and making it blurry as I looked up at Myla.

"She's strong," I said.

"But how strong?" He murmured, looking away and shaking his head. I watched, my eyes blinking away the tears as a light shimmered around her.

"I call upon Aggie, the goddess of travel, storms, and prophecies to help me summon back her planet, Agapi. Set it back where it was before it was unjustly destroyed and bring life to it, restoring all that was broken!" Myla cried out, her eyes switching to a crazy silver. My mouth dropped open as the silver beacon stretched out and disappeared. In the night sky I could see a light blue light blink in the sky. A smile stretched across my face as it blinked, and steadied, and just sat there in the sky.

"Agapi," I murmured, and then I laughed, "she did it! She-"

I screamed as she cried out and her body fell back. The silver line that was holding her up disappeared with a pop, and her arms reached out, trying to grab something in the sky to stop her fall. My hand shot out, forming a yellow platform and it flew towards it. It stopped underneath her, but the minute her back connected with the magic square, it shattered.

"No!" I sobbed, rushing forwards, flattening trees with ease as my fear drove me forward.

She let out a shriek as I broke down the last grove of trees. Her body slammed into the grass. The world slowed and a white-noise filled my ears. The only sound that made it through was the sound of her body hitting the ground with a thump. The sound of it seemed to fill the air, making me flinch and turn my head away. I promised I would protect you two!

Time resumed and I let out an ear piercing shriek. I scrambled towards her, falling down on my knees, tears flowing down my cheeks. Oh Seven Stars! Please no, please no!

I don't know how long I sat there, my head fallen on her stomach, arms stretched out and more tears falling than Niagara Falls. Eventually, Skye shook me, and helped me onto my knees.

"There was no helping her," a woman mumbled. I turned, and there the ghost of woman stood, gazing at us with melancholy eyes. She turned to Myla, "she knew what would happen if she brought Agapi back."

My head hurt and my eyes bugged as many more spirits formed beside the woman. Hundreds, it seemed, to circled around me, Skye, and Myla. When they all took a knee, bowing their heads to us, I nearly fell over.

"You saved the worlds," a man murmured.

"You saved our loved ones," said another.

Seven young girls sat around Myla. Two took her hair and braided it, then they pressed small pink lilacs in between the strands. I watched tearfully as three girls ran their hands down her tattered dress, changing it to a glowing light blue. They adjusted her arms, so they were folded at her abdomen. They placed a bouquet in her hands.

The last girl stood beside Myla, a pen in her hands. She started to draw in the air, a white light following the pen wherever it went. Slowly, a golden coffin started to form, and last, a glass top.

"It's beautiful," I murmured, "thank you."

A light spread in the coffin, and shot up to the night sky. I watched the whole while, and my eyes widened when new stars spun in the sky. They formed a girl, and I smiled. A new constellation for the gift to the worlds.

My eyes shut, and for the first time in forever, a blissful feeling came over me. The light pink waves of peace surrounded me.

---

A young boy sat in the same clearing, his hands pressed up against the glass lid, gazing down at the unsevered body of Myla. Beautiful vines curled over the coffin, gras grew up against it, and trees roots spiraled in gorgeous patterns at the coffin's base.

For years to come, Myla would be known for what she did to help the worlds.

---

My eyes opened again, watching as all the spirits walked up to the coffin, and gave their thanks, and one by one they disappeared in a wide and glowing light.

"Thank you," I whispered as the last one disappeared. I turned to Skye, my eyes shining with joyful tears.

"We did it," I whispered, "we saved the worlds."

"Thank the stars," Skye whispered.

"Ah. Well, it's always good to thank us."