Chapter 25-Astraphobia: Fear of Thunder

"This is weird," Zi mumbled as rain poured down on us with a chilling smack. I grit my teeth and shivered as we sat there on the curb, just staring into the gray plains before us, while the thunder boomed up above. I sighed as rain continued to seep into my clothes, and matted my hair to my face.

"Its rain, its not weird," I disagreed, pinching my eyes shut and rubbing my temples. I had a horrible headache from Chalicsha repeatedly attempting to break my walls. I groaned as I felt another resonating smash slam into the steel walls I imagined in my mind. This was utterly horrible, I was stuck in the rain with Zi the Seer, and an internal demon continuously trying to get into my head so she could read my thoughts and project her thoughts into my mind.

"I'm not talking about the rain, you vlakas!" She snapped, "I'm talking about that!"

   Frowning, I followed the direction her bony and shaky finger pointed, and saw some very strange and green mist floated at the peak of the horizon. In my distraction, my walls fell down and Chalicsha crashed into my mind like a raging party.

HOW DARE YOU TRY TO IGNORE ME, YOU USELESS PEASANT! Her voice came out as a snarl, slamming a wrecking ball into my mind. I groaned, and keeled over, rubbing my head rapidly as she went on a wild rant. YOU STUPID, STUPID GIRL! I AM A DEMON, AND I WILL RUIN YOU! DO YOU HEAR ME?! I WILL RUIN YOU! I WILL RUIN THIS WHOLE WORLD YOU CALL HOME FOR IGNORING ME!

   I hissed in pain, and squinted my eyes, frowning into the saturated street, you attention seeker! I thought angrily, my hand pressed tightly against my forehead.

I AM N-

Get out of my head, you little she-devil! Just get out of me, I said, frowning angrily as I tipped my head back so my face was prostrate with the sky. Laughter boiled from her, making me whole body tingle and my head seemed to shrivel. I let out a small scream as a pain so white and bright filled me, knocking me onto my back as a blood-curling scream echoed from the pit of my gut.

"Saturn?" Zi shouted, crawling towards me. I sobbed, it felt like I was being torn in half and sewn up again.

"What the hell is going on?!" Somebody shouted, a male or whatever.. I kept on sobbing and screaming, and clutched my knees to my chest.

  Then, just as quick as it had started, it was gone.

      A puff of air escaped my lips as my knees dropped back and my body untightened. I felt fine now, I felt perfectly fine... but there seemed to be an emptiness to me. I closed my eyes as thousands of pictures and visions flew before my eyes. I let out a small breath as my memories from before the time Chalicsha inhabited my soul came back to me. So I just laid there, the rain falling down with a chilling flourish. The green mist on the horizon seemed to grow large and loomed over us with a dark theme. IGAS ped again before slowly sitting up and gazing up into the gray sky. Something most definitely was not right. The air felt... thinner, the sky seemed to be turning red...

"Holy carpenter!" I shrieked as a blotch of red, just like blood, spread out over the sky.

"What?" Zi asked, staring at me in confusion. But iwas no longer listening as I gazed into the field, where a dark black shadow as standing up. My eyes misted over as that one night came back to mind. The green light, the black shadow, white noise, and the pellucid calling of a bird. I blinked rapidly as rain slid down my forehead and dripped into my eyes. She's coming back. Oh Seven stars, she's coming back. Wait... she already was back.

"What?" Zi asked once more, "What Satur- your eyes! Th-they're brown."

  I barely heard her voice as I stared down the bird-figured shadow.