Chapter 2- Scotophobia: Fear of the dark

Sighting of Mercury (Mister Spectacles)

  The girl was very light, so light that I wondered if she ever ate. I glanced at her, her brown and white hair was quite the spectacle. But the most intriguing part of her was her eyes, with her dark blue orbs and an orange flare around her pupil. But no matter how stunning this being was, she couldn't be trusted. Only the royal family and old spirits could speak Greek, that language was practically wiped off the face of the earth after the 30th Purge.

  Seb stopped in front of the adoring crowd that gathered. His eyes flickered over the gathered people and then he grinned.

"I am in search of a wife! Any woman who think they are up to the challenges you must go through to become my wife can come with us right now," he flashed his pearly whites again, taking advantage of his charm. It seemed like almost every lady in the crowd surged forward, and then more than half stepped back, either going back to their husband, or just shaking their head with small chuckles. Ten women stepped forward and each took a scroll from the Prince. The last woman to come up looked more like a girl, her blonde hair a white shade and her green eyes sparkling mischievously. Then, just like the others, she glanced down at feisty, her eyes widened in shock.

"Saturn?" She asked, fire blazing through her honey soaked voice. Saturn, so that was feisty's name? I glanced down at the girl who was in my holds and back up at blondie.

"You know her?" I asked, pointing down.

She nodded, "She looked at my booth today, but didn't buy anything, and then she just randomly disappeared."

  I nodded, and then glanced at Prince Seb, he seemed stunned by what she said. Then glanced down at Saturn.

"O opois einai eseis?" He asked the prisoner sharply, his golden eyes flashing. Who are you?

"Ti einai to na eseis?" She spat right back, her blue and orange eyes blazing. What is it to you?

"Ochi enas ektos o vasilikos oikogeneia echei milisame aresei oti chronia, afto einai giati," Seb huffed. No one besides the royal family has talked like that for years, that is why..

    The girl was silent, and dropped her head, refusing to respond to the acute explanation. Seb raised his eyebrow, before hitting his horse, making it turn around and gallop back towards the palace. I turned around and struggled dragging her, no matter how light she was, it wasn't easy to drag someone this fast. The woman who decided to come followed me quietly, their soft and tentative steps barely perceived. The blonde girl stepped up to my side and looked back at Saturn.

"Why have you taken her prisoner?" She asked softly.

"She can speak the royal language, and she has never been seen near the palace before," I stated firmly, sending a small glance towards blondie.

"I'm Zi," She introduced herself randomly, "What's your name?"

"Mercury."

"Wow, you both have planet names," Zi whispered.

    I didn't bother responding, talking had never been my thing, and I didn't plan on making it my thing right now, especially to some strange girl who wanted to see if she was fit to marry the Prince. I kept dragging Saturn, and she mumbled something incoherent, so I glanced back at her to see what she said. Only for an eerie sight to meet my eyes, large shadowy black wings protruded from Saturn's foundation, and large spiraling horns poked through her hair. Then suddenly, Saturn wasn't there at all, only that scary shadow, with glowing and creepy green eyes, and a thin pink line grinning at me devilishly. My eyes widened in recognition, remembering this picture so many times from visiting the gallery, and then it lunged. It engulfed me, and then my fear of darkness took over.

 This chapter is very short because its merely a filler chapter

This chapter is very short because its merely a filler chapter. But like I said: All chapters will only reach 1500 words at max, and hopefully higher than 800. So, what do you guys think? Vote, comment, follow, share, and fan!

Luna loves you!