Chapter 2

Brendon's POV

Ashayla should be here any minute now I can't wait! I told myself. Zack texted me when he picked her up from the airport which is only 10 minutes from my place. I can't wait! I wonder if she's a fan!
I walk over to my record player and put in Doab and start to sing along to myself.

Ashayla POV
I hope I do I thought, as we pulled up to a big white house.
"Here's your new home kid! Go on in your dad's in there waiting for you. I'll get your bags." Zack told me
"Thanks Zack!" I tell him as I run out of the car. I start to walk up to the front door, but as I reach the door I hear a familiar sound. It's Panic! Then I hear another voice singing along to the music. Wow he's really good I thought to myself as I turned the door knob revealing the one and only. BRENDON BOYD URIE!! I stand in the door way shocked not knowing what to do. I'm standing in front of my idol, but then the music stops and hes standing right in front of me. He looks down at me for a second, then embraces me into a hug. I just stand there in shock not knowing what to do.
" Hi I'm Brendon your new dad!" Brendon says while releasing me from the hug.
"I-I know who you are yo-you saved me." I say while tears escape from my eyes.
"Hey honey don't cry. What did I save you from?" Brendon asks
"Its a long story that I'd rather not share." I say while looking down. I knew that if I told him I had depression,anxiety, and cut that he would surely send me back to miss Jackson's.
" Ash you can tell me anything, okay?  I'm not going to send you back your here for the rest of you life okay." Brendon said his eyes were full of sympathy
"Thank you. I will tell you eventually but now is not the time. I just got here let's talk."I say while hugging him.
"Okay." He said while walking to the living room, with me following. "So what do you want to talk about?" He asked
"Uh let's play twenty questions I guess." I say
"Ok you ask the questions then I'll answer then you tell me your answer okay?" He says
"Sure."
Question number one!! Brendon yells in a game show host voice. Forcing me to laugh.
"Why did you adopt me?" I ask not making eye contact
" Honestly, I was lonely after Sarah left me I became depressed and didn't ever leave my house. I had to postpone the tour because I had no motivation to do anything even sing. I obviously knew something was wrong and so did all of my friends so they told me one day tho get out of the house and socialize. So I did and realized that I just needed someone to be in this big house with me. So I went online to adoption sites and found you." He told me starting to tear up. Then he looked up and saw that I was crying also. Brendon got up and hugged me.
" Stop baby, it's fine , don't cry." He said while rocking me back and forth.pretty soon he started to sing when I didn't stop crying. He sang a slowed down version of hallelujah. It was beautiful.

[Chorus:]
All you sinners stand up, sing hallelujah (hallelujah!)
Show praise with your body
Stand up, sing hallelujah (hallelujah!)
And if you can't stop shaking, lean back
Let it move right through ya (hallelujah!)
Say your prayers [3x]
(Hallelujah!)

My life started the day I got caught
Under the covers
With secondhand lovers
Oh, tied up in pretty young things
In a state of emergency
Who was I tryna be?

Then the time for being sad is over
And you miss 'em like you miss no other
And being blue is better than being over it (over it)

[Chorus]

I was drunk and it didn't mean a thing
Stop thinking about
The bullets from my mouth
I love the things you hate about yourself
Just finished a daydream
Who were you tryna be?

Then the time for being sad is over
And you miss 'em like you miss no other
And being blue is better than being over it (over it)

No one wants you when you have no heart and
I'm sitting pretty in my brand new scars and
You'll never know if you don't ever try again
So let's try
Let's try
Let's try

[Chorus 2x]

Somewhere between the choruses I fell asleep.

Brendon POV

Ash wouldn't stop crying so I decided I'd sing to her. In the middle of the song she fell asleep, so I decided to carry her up to my room since I didn't have her bed sheets on. I look down to cover her up and see her sleeve slightly pulled up and see scars. I push her sleeve up a little more and see them all the way up. I quitly gasp, and put her sleeve back down. I decided to go back down stairs. How could she do this to herself? I thought shes such a beautiful girl, and with that I decided to sleep on the couch so I don't wake Ash up.