Chapter 14

Brendon pov

I honestly hate these band meetings they are so boring. Plus I have to take my A.D.D meds. I really hate who I am on these pills, it's almost scary. I'm just not myself when I have to take them. I'm less fun and more uptight.

"Bren? Are you listening? We was wondering when you wanted to take the week break?" Pete asked.

"Yeah sorry my meds are screwing with me." I say

"You wanna take a break?" Pete asks with a worried expression.

"Yeah how bout we all go get lunch?" I ask trying to get my mind off of things.

Everyone just nods and begins walking to the parking lot. We all get into a big black car. I really hope Ashayla don't ask questions about my medications. I just don't want her to worry.

We finally arrive at a Taco Bell. We send in Zack to order all of the food so we can get there and get back.

"Dad, can I ask you something?" Ash speaks up

"Yeah sure, is everything alright?" I ask worried, I already know what she's going to ask.

"Why do you have to take medications? Are you alright?" she asks.

"I um I have ADD and I have to take it the month before tours because there is so many important meetings that I have to focus in." I say not making eye contact.

"Oh. Is that the only medicine you need?" She asks fiddling with her fingers.

"Yeah." I say looking at her.

Zack finally comes back with the food. Once we get everything situated we head back to the conference room. The entire car ride back was dead silent. The silence was deafening.

I wonder what she is thinking. I really hope she isn't disappointed in me. I can't help that I need to take it. I'm going to ask her when we get there.

As soon as we pull into the parking lot I grab Ash's arm.

" Ash stay back a second." I whisper to her.

Everyone else gets out of the vehicle. When Pete turns around to ask if we are coming in. I just nod him off, as if to say go on with out us.

"Ash are you alright?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She says.

"No your not. I thought we was telling each other everything." I say

"Brendon I'm just worried for you." She says sadly

"Come here. I'm alright, you don't have to worry about me." I say while embracing her into a hug.

Ashaylas pov

We start to walk back into the building when I feel my phone vibrate.

Jayden- Hey b! You wanna hang out today? I miss you.
Ashayla- I'm sorry babe, I can't. Maybe tomorrow before tour.
Jayden- oh yeah I forgot about that. I'm going to miss you.
Ashayla- I'm going to miss you too. I've got to go. I'll text later though I 💙 you.

I lock my phone and see everyone is staring at me. I hope I wasn't saying everything out loud.

"What?" I ask
"Your blushing like a maniac. Who was you texting?" Pete asks
"I bet it was that Jayden kid." Dad says
"You mean my boyfriend? Talking about him, can we hang out before we leave for New York tomorrow?" I ask him
"Yeah sure, I'll drop you off at the mall." Dad says winking

One hour later

Finally we are done, we leave for tour on Friday. I'm so excited, the orphanage was in New York but I was never allowed to look at he city. This is my first time going to New York with an actual family. I'm so happy Brendon adopted me.

"Dad will you carry me I'm tired?" I say yawning
"I guess jump on." He says motioning towards his back.
"Can we have pizza for dinner?" I ask
"Sure call dominos and have them deliver." He says while dropping me into the passenger seat.
"Yay thanks beebo." I say while kissing his cheek

Dad shuts my door and runs across the hood of the car trying to look cool. Only to fall halfway through the hood. I really wish I would've recorded that. I burst out laughing, trying to stop before dad jumps into the drivers seat. As soon as he gets in the car I take his phone to order the pizza on. I order a large pizza with barbecue sauce and chicken on it. ( Ik that's weird but it's really good.😂I give them the address to our house, and they inform me that it's going to talk about 10-15 mins to get there.  We get back to the house in about 10 mins.

"Brendon get ready!" I yell as I jump on his back.
At first he stumbles a bit, but then he recovers and Carries me inside. He flops me onto the couch and is just about to sit down when the door bell rings. I can't help but to laugh, dad comes back in with a large pizza in his hands. He sits the pizza down on the coffee table while I put  The fault in our stars on for the hundredth time. We finish the pizza just as Augustus dies.

"No Augustus baby!" I yell at the screen while crying.
"Ash calm down its just a movie." Dad says
"It's not just a movie. It's real life." I say

It's almost 11 by the time we finish the movie, so we both decide to go to bed. This day was so fun. I can't wait to see how tour is going to be. I change into my plaid pajama pants and tshirt that says I'm with the band, with that I allow sleep to take over.

A yo thanks y'all for reading. I'm sorry for switching between dad and Brendon a lot. I'm so sorry everyone. Life hasn't been that great this week. So early update.