Chapter 9

A/n  TRIGGER WARNING there's some talk about self harm so if that triggers you skip this chapter.
Ryan's pov
(I didn't forget bout him😉)

I can't stop thinking about Brendon at the party.  He looked so genuinely happy with his new daughter, maybe even happier than he was with me. God I miss him so much, I wish I wasn't so stupid when I was younger. It looks like he's moved on. I wish I still had him as my own.

Ashaylas pov
I wake up on the couch, how did I get here? Then I  remember I fell asleep on Brendon then had a night terror. I hope he forgot about it I don't want him to figure anything else out. I get up and see that no ones here, I shrug it off and get a cup of coffee, I turn and see the clock it's 3 in the afternoon. I start to walk upstairs and take a shower when I hear voices coming from Brendon's room.
"I just don't know what to do Pete, she doesn't know that I know she self-self  harms." Brendon says his voice cracking. I gasp when he says the last words. I guess they heard me because the door opens wide to reveal Pete and Brendon. I don't look at them I'm afraid if I do I'll see disappointment in their eyes.
"Ash I-I didn't know you were awake." Brendon chokes out.
"Brendon just stop okay. I know your just going to send me back to Miss Jacksons I'll go pack my stuff." I say with my head still down.
"What makes you think I'm going to take you back there?"he asks causing me to look up.
"Your not sending me back? You want to keep a mistake, an ugly, fat kid like me? Why?" I say with no emotion
"First off Ashayla your not ugly, fat, or a mistake. Your the prettiest person I've ever seen other than Pete over there." He says pointing to a childish Pete sitting in the corner, causing me to laugh.
"Thanks Bren but how did you know?" I stop laughing
"I've know since the first night you stayed here. When you wouldn't stop crying after I sang to you, you fell asleep so I carried you to my bed so you'd be more comfortable, and your sleeve came up and I um I seen the scars on your wrists." He says not making eye contact with me.
"I'm sorry Brendon, if it makes it better I haven't cut since I've been here." That was a lie I cut every single day Bren was in the hospital. I look at him with a reassuring smile.
"Can I see your wrists?"Pete asks from the corner
"Um I'm not really comfortable, their ugly." I say with my head down.
"I'll show you mine if you show me yours."Pete says quietly. I didn't know he self harmed.
"Ok I guess." I say worried Brendon will know I lied. Pete stands up and walks over to me on the bed. He pulls his jacket sleeves up to reveal hundreds of scars going in all different directions some vertical, horizontal, and diagonal.
"Pete why?"I manage to get out.
"I needed an escape I guess, but that's not an excuse,your turn." he says  looking down at his arms. I sigh and pull up both of my sleeves to reveal fresh and old scars.
"I'm sorry." I say starting to tear up. "Brendon I'm sorry I lied to you."
"Ash please promise me you won't ever do this again, okay? You are so beautiful and strong. If you ever need to talk please call me even if I'm on stage come talk to me I don't care." Pete says now hugging me. Brendon joins Pete and we just stay like this for a while.
"You know I'm going to have to take you to therapy right?" Brendon says I just nod.
"So do you wanna go downstairs and watch a movie, maybe order some pizza?" Brendon asks while wiping his cheeks.
"PIZZA!" Pete yells "I'm in."
"Sure I get to pick the movie though." I say. We all walk downstairs. While Brendon goes into the kitchen to order the pizzas Pete and I sit on the couch to pick the movie.
" Mean girls!" I scream
"But ash it's so white girl typical."Pete says in his best white girl impression.
"You both agreed to let me pick the movie so we are watching mean girls." I say sassily.
"Ladies, Ladies your both pretty now let's watch mean girls." Brendon says in his valley girl voice. I just laugh at him and Pete's face. About 15 minutes in the movie the doorbell rings, I get to answer it and yell for Brendon to give me the money. As soon as I bring the pizza into the living room Pete grabs and entire box and shoves two pieces into his mouth. I let out a small chuckle.
"What's so funny?"Pete says with his mouth full.
"You."Brendon and I both say in unison. Pete mutters something under his breath but I just ignore it.
Sorry for the shorter chapter this is only like 870 words compared to over 1000 in the other chapters. Anyways have a great day.