Chapter 34

WARNING! THIS IS KIND OF A SAD CHAPTER. JUST WANT TO GIVE YOU A FRIENDLY WARNING. PERSONALLY I CRIED WHILE WRITING THIS. OH AND THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER OF THE STORY! OTHER THAN THE EPILOGUE. 

Ashayla Pov

"Babe come on. You've got to get up, Brendon is going to be here soon to pick us up." He says

"I know, but if I don't get out of bed then they can't take me away." I say curling up into a ball.

"Babe they aren't taking you away." He says

"Please don't make promises you can't keep." I say starting to tear up.

Pete just grabs me into a hug almost like he needs it more than me. We hug until we have to pull away and start to get ready. Pete brought me my black dress from my house and black heels. It looks as if I am going to a funeral. Maybe I am. The funeral of my happiness. I slowly dress and do my hair. Once I finish I head out to the living room where the rest of the guys are dressed in black suits. They all have somber looks on their face, I can only imagine what mine looks like. It feels as if time stops, me just standing there in front of them. As time passes Ryan is finally the one to snap us all out of our dazes.

"Okay guys. I know we don't want to go but we have to." Ryan says.

We all nod and start to head out to the van. Dan, Dallon, and Kenny all sit in back, Dad, Pete and I sit in the middle, Ryan rides shotgun while Zack drives. The whole way to the court house is a dead silence. It's almost as if we are all afraid if we speak one of us will break into a million tiny pieces. Maybe that's the case, perhaps none of us are strong enough to go through this.  Zack slowly pulls into the court house and I death grip onto Dad's arm, I may be 16 but I still have no say in where I go, this is what terrifies me the most. I have no say in my future at this point.

"Okay everyone. We have to head in but first I just want to say whatever happens in there we will always be a family no matter what. I love you so much." Dad says 

We all nod in fear of crying. I can already feel the tears threatening to spill but I try to hold them back as long as possible, who knows I might not even be taken away. We all walk in to the court room, Dad and I walk to our table while the rest of the guys sit behind us. We wait for James and Sophia to arrive then we start.

"So today we are here to discuss the custody of Ashayla Rene Urie. Would the Plantiff like to start?" The judge states.

"Yes your honor. We the plantiff would like to request full custody over said child. We believe she would be in better care in our custody. The home she currently lives in does not have a stable income, plus it is corrupted. We believe she is in danger and does not receive proper schooling." Sophia lies.

"Thank you for your statement. Defendant?"

"Yes your honor. As the defendant we believe Ashayla would be best in our care. We have practically raised her. She is comfortable with us, so we see no reason to disrupt her happiness. We can assure you that she has received proper schooling and has graduated high school. She receives love and support while living with us. She has never been put in harms way." Dad's attorney says

"Thank you. Now that I have heard both sides I would like to question the child in question." The judges says.

The bailiff asks me to walk up to the podium. I do as I am told and he swears me in. 

"You are Ashayla urie correct?" The judge asks

"Yes your honor." I say

"Do you believe you have received everything you could have living with Mr. urie?" He asks