Chapter 25

Pete's pov
This is new!

I wake up with my arms wrapped around Ashayla. I have a killer headache so I decide to go downstairs to get pain meds. I head into the kitchen to be met with a hungover Brendon.

"Hey Pete." He groans.

"Hey Bren. Where's you headache medicine?" I ask rubbing my temple.

"On the counter everyone's gonna need some. Merry Christmas by the way." He says taking a sip of coffee.

"Merry Christmas man." I say as I swallow the pills.

"So you and Ash? Is there something between y'all?" He asks.

"Don't get mad Bren." I say pouring a cup of coffee.

"I'm not I just need to know Pete." He says.

"Yes. " I say taking a seat next to him.

" Wow. Okay, um how long?" He asks

"Just since last night. Don't worry Bren I'm not going to hurt her. I love your daughter." I say patting his shoulder.

"I know you won't hurt her Pete. Your a great guy. I'm happy she has you. Just treat her good or I'll have to kill you."

"I won't. Trust me." I say then we hear a thud.

"What the hell was that?" He asks

"It was probably Ash. She drank a little too much last night. I'll go check on her." I say running up stairs.

When I get to her room I hear grunts coming from the bathroom and decide to head in. I walk in and see her hugging the toilet emptying her stomach contents.

"It's alright babe I'm here." I say as I hold her hair back.

"Ugh. Thanks, this sucks it's Christmas and I'm hungover." She says after she finishes.

"Yeah I know. It's alright though. Just take some headache medicine and in time you'll be fine." I say rubbing her back.

"Yeah. Thank you. " She says

I go to kiss her but she backs away from me.

"What's wrong?" I ask pouting.

"I have vomit breath let me brush my teeth then you can kiss me all you want." She says making me blush.

"Okay fine. Please hurry. " I say as she gets up.

"I will." She says applying toothpaste.

I get up from the bathroom floor and head into her bedroom. I flip down on her bed and let out a sigh. I am so lucky. I know we just started dating yesterday but she's amazing. She's talented, beautiful and smart. Ash comes out of her bathroom and jumps onto her bed.

"Hello, I guess your headaches gone?" I say laughing

" No I never had one." She says in a matter of factly tone.

"How is that?" I ask pulling her on my chest.

"I don't know." She says kissing me lips softly.

"Hm. That's weird."

"What is?"

"It's Christmas. Why aren't we downstairs opening gifts?" I ask her

"I don't know let's go!" She says excitedly.

I jump up and roll off the bed taking her with me. She squeals as I throw her over my shoulder. I carry her downstairs and sit her gently at the kitchen island. It seems almost everyone is still asleep.