Chapter 26

Brendon pov
(Time skip Thursday)

Today I'm taking Ashayla out to the studio so we can start recording. I'm going to send a sample out to my manager so he can take a listen to it. I'd let her record in the home studio but it's getting renovated. I woke up at three this morning and couldn't go back to sleep for some reason. I just lay there silently beside Ryan, since he's been staying here for awhile, and contemplate whether or not I should wake him. I wouldn't even think about it if the silence wasn't as ear-splitting as it was. This has been happening ever since Sarah left, I understand the year after but not this long after.

I slip out of bed trying not to wake Ryan and head downstairs. I slowly and quietly make my way down to the living room. Since the home studio is getting renovated today i brought in some of my more expensive instruments including my various mics, drum kit, and majority of my guitars. I pick up my hazelnut brown acoustic and take it outside so I don't wake anyone. I take a seat in one of the seats next to the pool and begin to strum. I play random cords until I start to put together a melody and rush to pull my phone out to record. I don't seem to notice but Ash is standing in the doorway.

"That's really good dad."
"Oh. Yeah um thanks. Did I wake you?" I ask nervously
"Oh no, no. I was just having trouble sleeping so I came down when I heard the guitar." She says sitting next to me.
"What wrong?" I ask.
"Nothing. I was just thinking about stuff."
"I'm here if you wanna talk about anything." I say rubbing her knee.
"I know. Why are you up?" She asks pulling her knees up to her chest.
"Honestly I don't know. I've been doing this ever since Sarah left." I say sitting the guitar down.
"Do you want to talk about it?"
"There isn't much to really talk about. Just that I wake up really early and I'm never able to go back to sleep." I say looking right at her.
"Oh. I wish I could help dad, but I can't."she says hugging me.
"It's fine. I was thinking about taking you down to the studio today." I inform her.
"Really? That'd be awesome." She says smiling.
"Yeah. Bring at least one song so we can record it."
"I love you so much dad."
"I love you too. How about you go back in and get some more sleep."
"Okay. You too, especially if this is a regular occurrence." She says hugging me.
"I will. I just have to do a few things then I can." I say walking in with her.
"No. Your going to bed. If you don't I'm not either." She says stubbornly
"Ash, please go back to bed. I'm fine." I say pushing her up stairs.
"Am I going to have to wake Ryan?" She asks
"No." I say with my head down.
"Then go to bed. Please it's for your own good." She says pushing me to my room.
"Okay fine." I say giving up.

I quietly walk back into Ryan and I's room, laying under the covers. I lay there silently till our alarm clock goes off. Ryan rolls over on top of me and pecks my lips.

"Morning babe." He says drowsy.
"Morning how did you sleep?"
"Amazing. You?"
"Great, lets get some breakfast." I lie.
"Okay." He says getting out from under the sheets.

We make our way down to the kitchen and I start making breakfast as Ryan sits down at the island. I pull out bacon and start to lay it on a baking sheet. I have to wait for the oven to preheat but I might as well get it out of the way. I finish the bacon then start the coffee.

"I smelled coffee so I came down." Ash says walking in.
"She's exactly like the Way brothers." Ryan laughs.
"Yeah I don't see that as a bad thing though." She says.

I hand them out their coffee's then return to making breakfast. I quickly finish so we can get to the studio.

I finally finish after a good ten minutes. I dish up some of the food and serve them both.

"Thanks Bren." Ryan says.
"Thanks dad."
"Welcome now hurry. We have to get down to the studio. Then we have to pack for New Orleans today since we leave tonight." I say taking my seat at the island.

We quickly finish then get ready for the day. Ryan and I throw on skinny jeans, white shirt, and a leather jacket. It's so cute how that happened though.

We head down to the living room hand and hand waiting for Ashayla to come down. When she does I can't help but laugh. She is wearing skinny jeans, white shirt, and her black leather jacket. How are we all twinning? Like we didn't even plan this!

"How the hell did this happen?" I say laughing
"I have no clue.its cute though. Let's take some pictures when we get there." Ash says.
"Let's do it. Now we better get going if we are going to be able to do anything." I say.

We all head out and start the short drive to the studio. After almost ten minutes we finally arrive at the fueled by ramen studio.Once there we all run into the building and head to the normal Panic! Studio.

"Okay Ash I'm going to have you go into the booth and put the headphones on your head okay?" I tell her.
"Okay. Let's get this started." She says walking in.

I take my seat at the sound board and wait for her to get situated.

"Let's get started!" I say into the mic.

|Time skip|

"Ash! Ryan! Are you ready we have to be getting to the airport!" I yell from downstairs.
"I'm coming dad! Calm down we have time!" Ash yells down.
"Bren I'm coming right now!" Ryan says running downstairs.
"There's someone waiting for you there Ash!" I yell.

I asked Pete to come with us to keep Ashayla company while we are performing.

"Who would come for me?" She asks running down the steps.
"You'll see!" I say heading out the door.

We run out to the car and put our bags in the back. I pull out of our driveway and start the drive to the airport. It takes us almost half an hour to get there with LA traffic.

We have to rush slightly to make it to our gate. I had Ryan pull ashayla's bag so I could throw her over my shoulder.

"Dad! What the hell!" She squeals as I pick her up.
"Just calm down I don't want you to see the person yet." I say calmly as I walk over to Pete and the guys.
"Can't you just put me down?" She asks.
"Yes now I can." I say letting her down.
"Thank you now who is this person?" She says straightening out her jacket.
"That person would be me." Pete says smiling.
"Holy bloody hell!"she yells running to him
"I missed you too!" He says into her hair.
"You guys seriously just saw each other on Sunday." Dallon says.
"That's such a long time." She says.
"Okay we'll come on guys. First class is boarding now." Zack tells us all.

Ash takes her suitcase from Ryan and walks to the plane hand in hand with Pete. We had Dallon and Ashayla switch seats so that Pete and her could sit next to each other.

The whole flight down they was watching movies, laying on each other, and laughing. They really are a cute couple. I think they are going to last. I start getting tired so I lay my head on Ryan's shoulder and drift off in a deep sleep.

|Another time skip|

"Bren you need to get up now. We are landing." Ryan says shaking me slightly.
"Mm. I'm up. I'm up." I say
"Okay Bren. Let's gather up your carry on." He says patting my leg.
"I love you so much." I say pecking his lips.
"I love you too Bren. Now come on." He says shoving things into our shared back pack.

We all exit the plane into the night air of New Orleans. We have to emediantly head to the hotel so we can get settled in and get some sleep.

It takes us almost half an hour to get to our hotel, but when we do Zack splits us into our rooms. Ryan and I with Pete and Ashayla, Dallon and Kenny with Dan and Zack. I made sure Ashayla and Pete were in my room to keep an eye on them. We all head up to our rooms and crash.

A/N

Happy new year's everyone! Next chapter is going to be the performance. I hope y'all enjoyed this. This chapter kinda sucked but it's here anyways.
~love you all. Victoria